Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1401 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 11:16 AM
So, EA made a post about a commitment to fixing the game, and mere months later, we’re experiencing some of the worst bugs we’ve ever seen.

This is probably why they’re moving towards rabbit holes and UI gameplay for expansion packs - the game can’t handle much more. The few gameplay items we do get are fairly simple and not complex at all.

That’s probably why we haven’t seen a “game pack” in a while (at least not by name).

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Inventor
#1402 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 2:41 PM
There is a new emergency patch out, but please be careful, it doesn't fix all the issues many players are having:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmlvBAzeTmg

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Forum Resident
#1403 Old 9th Aug 2024 at 10:02 PM
I'm just so glad that my laziness to update all my mods has caused me to avoid these latest updates and issues, I think I'm like 4-6 patches behind at this point? And I have no plans for updating as things are until they actually fix things up for real, although the copy accessories/makeup to all categories update was really tempting - not tempting enough to go through the hassle of updating all my mods though. Though honestly that feature should have been in the base game at the release in the first place, can't believe it took them ten years before they added it.
Mad Poster
#1404 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 2:23 AM
I don't know how anyone can actually play this game. A few months ago, I spent good hour making a Sims for Lovestruck, only for her face to completely morph into something wildly different. I rarely ever use mods as well, so it's definitely the game. Sims will walk through walls, their animations will break haphazardly, and there's a generally lack of quality masked with window dressings that shines throughout.

10 years in and we're still missing basic features. Speaking of, I can only imagine what the 10th anniversary content will be - assuming we're getting any. Hopefully, they didn't forget like that did for the series' 20th anniversary. I don't even make to make guess at this point.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1405 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 3:22 PM
Players are being fucked at this point. Every video of TS4 from the community is a complain about the same issue, over and over again. TS4 #321 patch breaks the game/feature. I dont need to say more…

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Smeg Head
#1406 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
I'm just so glad that my laziness to update all my mods has caused me to avoid these latest updates and issues, I think I'm like 4-6 patches behind at this point? And I have no plans for updating as things are until they actually fix things up for real, although the copy accessories/makeup to all categories update was really tempting - not tempting enough to go through the hassle of updating all my mods though. Though honestly that feature should have been in the base game at the release in the first place, can't believe it took them ten years before they added it.

Ditto. I did the same thing after the For Rent patch late last year. That too being a shit show, though not as bad as most recent patch and slew of hot fixes required. I did not patch again from last December (For Rent fiasco) to April this year that came with the best fixes and patch notes for Direct X and Frame Rate lag fixed. (Which it still isn't. That would make three Maxis patch notes in two years claiming to fix that which they have not truly fixed.)

So here we are again. I don't know how anyone (especially mod users, but truly anyone) goes rushing into a Maxis patch on day one. Better odds playing Russian Roulette. So how long do we gotta wait this time for an April-esque all-clear patch? Because I won't be patching again until then. And I'm supposed to a a frikken modder ffs. No chance of it with ham-fisted Maxis on the case. Not putting my game, my mods and my sanity through that.

Does EA even care that Maxis jeopardize new pack sales? Can't/won't patch, can't buy packs. We must be in the many thousands. So, EA, do you even care? I also think EA needs to extend the timeline for getting bonus items when buying new packs. Because as it is now a regular thing, that Maxis puts out shit show patches and many of us hold off till the all clear is given, then by the time it's safe enough to get a new pack, the timeline for getting bonus items has expired. (Yeah, I know they can be unlocked from game files. I've done that myself because of waiting for a safe time to patch. But console players cannot do this.)

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Forum Resident
#1407 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
........So, EA, do you even care?

May contain humour!

SimGuruFlaygor: "Thank you coolspear1 for your inquiry. The answer is NO! However, we spied on noticed you clicked on 'Flirty Lingerie Stuff' on the App, would you like to buy it? "

In other news my game is, shall we say, extremely difficult to make work since the update and each "patch" has broken it in a different way.... I am not very happy.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Smeg Head
#1408 Old 11th Aug 2024 at 4:12 AM
Sexy underwear, eh?

[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1409 Old 12th Aug 2024 at 8:50 PM
My last lingerie stuff pack followed by lol

Mad Poster
#1410 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 1:30 AM
The actual lingerie kit isn't even that good omg it just looks like frilly underwear

Mad Poster
#1411 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 1:54 PM
Also, I've never understood why we got an entire suite of shelves to sell shit on, in different shapes and styles, but we were never given these very basic shelves. Funny enough, Ambitions doesn't even have an actual retail system - these are just for decor. I assume these work with the Savvy Seller Collection.

The closest we got to a set of modular retail shelving in TS4 was a set of incredibly modern glass shelves. Then, we only got two items to sell groceries, which we have to set up first to have a working grocery store.

I do not understand. I still don't.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1412 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 2:30 PM
*voice in the back of the crowd* its EXPENSIVE.

Maybe Grant didn’t want shelves, as he found them inhumane. I can imagine him being like this stadio in the development studio whenever somebody greenlight antique/solid modular store shelves:

https://youtu.be/qN53uog_ksk?si=CEb5wWnxRYISLjjw

Mad Poster
#1413 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 3:12 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 14th Aug 2024 at 9:54 PM.
Does the Sims team hate mundane objects and activities? Are animators THAT expensive?

Also, walls... specifically basic wood paneling styles or wood paneling with paint... where is it?

Edit:

Nope. I'm done. I've never had an issue this bad just using build mode. I'm building a house and I'm suddenly not able to place floors, wall, rooms, or fences. I decide to save my lot to finish it later. It gets stuck in a loop. I try to save the game, it gets stuck in another loop. I can't even Alt+F4 the program...

Edit 2:
Tried again. Upon loading up a lot while playing in a household, the game completely broke, and the hotkeys and UI both stopped responding when entering build/buy mode.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1414 Old 15th Aug 2024 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Edit 2:
Tried again. Upon loading up a lot while playing in a household, the game completely broke, and the hotkeys and UI both stopped responding when entering build/buy mode.

Delulu players will say just wait till they patch the game. No game is perfect - every game has bugs Cheers! God bless & have a Good day!

Test Subject
#1415 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 10:02 AM
Does the Sims team hate mundane objects and activities? Are animators THAT expensive?

Also, walls... specifically basic wood paneling styles or wood paneling with paint... where is it?

Edit:

Nope. I'm done. I've never had an issue this bad just using build mode. I'm building a house and I'm suddenly not able to place floors, wall, rooms, or fences. I decide to save my lot to finish it later. It gets stuck in a loop. I try to save the game, it gets stuck in another loop. I can't even Alt+F4 the program...

Edit 2:

Been there. It hurts.
Forum Resident
#1416 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:15 AM Last edited by Flaygor : 16th Aug 2024 at 11:26 AM.

Edit 2:

Just lost a fair bit of a new build to this.
Can't even design and build now without saving all the time. The one time I forgot, it crashed....

Just been checking my backups and since the start of July, my save folder has increased from 600MB to a whopping 1.2 GB NO more save games have been created in that time and I added a pack in the sale.....but each save is now TWICE the size.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Mad Poster
#1417 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:56 PM
Something big better be coming because the sheer around of stuff broken and just left in the game is maddening.

Theorist
#1418 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 12:09 PM
Something big better be coming because the sheer around of stuff broken and just left in the game is maddening.

Supposedly there is another patch coming. Something about fixing Code 0 ( zero) or something like that. Whether it helps and actually fixes things or just makes more mess; that remains to be seen.

When will it END?! Sims 4 Error Codes are out of control! (New Emergency Update Coming AGAIN...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x52E78WqzIs
Mad Poster
#1419 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 12:57 PM
I meant in terms of content. We’re 10 years in. The game launched rough, had a great moment at rebranding and rebuilding and now we’re back to square 1. I’m not expecting a miracle from them at this point.

Even with the team breaking up content and shitting it out piecemeal, we’re still waiting for things…

Still waiting for actual vacations…
Still waiting on playground equipment…
Cars and other vehicles…
Mixed Commercial Venues…
An assortment of very basic items, like a pool table or drum kit…
TABLE PROPOSALS

I can understand forgoing minor details in response to doubling down on the bigger picture or using content elsewhere but where is the line for bare minimum? I feel like we crossed it and never looked back.

Somehow, we a romance pack after 10 years and we didn’t get the return of…

- Gift Shops with Interactive Gifts (Teddy Bears, Heart Shaped Boxes Of Chocolates)
- Heart Shaped Hot Tub
- Actual New Dating Activities Or Locations (Imagine an Aquarium lot with the ability to put fish in pools and fish from them or large fish tanks, the return of Teppanyaki, or Nightclub items like a mechanical bull or the dance sphere)

I may as well return to TS3 at this point. What is SERIOUSLY packs in cross pack compatibility and general consistency (especially with store items vs items), it makes up for in content. Late night was covering entirely too much ground and I hate that it doesn’t that but at least it give you something for your money.

Unlike the similar Get Together… how do you have a pack about CLUBS and offer ONE actual club activity, which is a cafe…

Theorist
#1420 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 2:26 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 17th Aug 2024 at 2:47 PM.
I meant in terms of content. We’re 10 years in. The game launched rough, had a great moment at rebranding and rebuilding and now we’re back to square 1. I’m not expecting a miracle from them at this point.

Even with the team breaking up content and shitting it out piecemeal, we’re still waiting for things…

Still waiting for actual vacations…
Still waiting on playground equipment…
Cars and other vehicles…
Mixed Commercial Venues…
An assortment of very basic items, like a pool table or drum kit…
TABLE PROPOSALS

I can understand forgoing minor details in response to doubling down on the bigger picture or using content elsewhere but where is the line for bare minimum? I feel like we crossed it and never looked back.

Somehow, we a romance pack after 10 years and we didn’t get the return of…

- Gift Shops with Interactive Gifts (Teddy Bears, Heart Shaped Boxes Of Chocolates)
- Heart Shaped Hot Tub
- Actual New Dating Activities Or Locations (Imagine an Aquarium lot with the ability to put fish in pools and fish from them or large fish tanks, the return of Teppanyaki, or Nightclub items like a mechanical bull or the dance sphere)

I may as well return to TS3 at this point. What is SERIOUSLY packs in cross pack compatibility and general consistency (especially with store items vs items), it makes up for in content. Late night was covering entirely too much ground and I hate that it doesn’t that but at least it give you something for your money.

Unlike the similar Get Together… how do you have a pack about CLUBS and offer ONE actual club activity, which is a cafe…

I understand, but at the same time I don't.

TS4 is broken and has been breaking down over time. We all know that; Maxis admitted to it. I don't need to start yapping off the list of problems. Maxis is currently working on patch number 4 from their self-created crap shoot patch for LoveStruck. This trend / problem/ cycle... whatever a person wants to call it isn't going to stop. The game itself is telling Maxis.. "Stop! Do not pass go!"

This is not a swipe at people that want new, shiny things, whether they are basic or not. That said, from where I'm sitting, adding more layers (stuff) to a game where the 'foundation' is so far beyond the Swiss cheese it started out with, I fail to see how shiny, new things will change anything. The game is going to continue to break down further, players are going to be more angry for longer lengths of time as patches or hot fixes are taking longer to produce, there has to be more of them, ect...

Sure, new, shiny things trigger people's dopamine, but once the new and shiny wears off and people can't play their game for whatever reason, suddenly it is "Oh, I guess now we need more new stuff." What about all the broken stuff? I'm not looking for a answer here. This is part of the TS4 community that is and remains a mystery to me. I understand how dopamine works. I don't understand why a person would want to be in this unrelenting cycle of being frustrated because of a game that Maxis continues to break.

The whole thing reminds me of the scene in a game called OctoDad where the dad ( octopus) is trying to plug holes in a giant fish tank at the aquarium. One crack happened, so Octodad overs with it a tentacle. Another crack happens, he covers that one. Wash, rinse, repeat.

None of this problem was created by the player base. It is Maxis trying to be the cool kid while failing to read the room at every turn and EA wanting all the money from all of the pockets of the TS4 community. Maxis created all the tech debt and now they've got the hot mess that they choose to ignore for going on 10 years. As the lame saying goes, people reap what they sow. For anybody that doesn't know what that saying means, you can find it here; https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/...p-what-you-sow/

As always with these kinds of replies, I will say for the hundredth time that TS3 is not perfect by any stretch. The difference is Maxis hasn't had their tentacles in or on TS3 for over 9 years. The TS3 community can work through problems and issues without any Maxis interference. There are problems that cannot be fixed and for those problems, there are workarounds for most of them.

The TS4 community doesn't have the 'luxury' of being left alone from Maxis. My choice to use the word "luxury" is not a mistake. If TS3 were in the state that TS4 is in, it would be a big "Yeah, No! Dawg..." for me and I'd still be playing TS2.

Maxis-Their mess, their way...

EDIT: Dopamine

Quote:
How does dopamine make someone feel happy?

Dopamine is known as the “feel-good” hormone. It gives you a sense of pleasure. It also gives you the motivation to do something when you’re feeling pleasure.

Dopamine is part of your reward system. This system is designed, from an evolutionary standpoint, to reward you when you’re doing the things you need to do to survive — eat, drink, compete to survive and reproduce. As humans, our brains are hard-wired to seek out behaviors that release dopamine in our reward system. When you’re doing something pleasurable, your brain releases a large amount of dopamine. You feel good and you seek more of that feeling.

This is why junk food and sugar are so addictive. They trigger the release of a large amount of dopamine into your brain, which gives you the feeling that you’re on top of the world and you want to repeat that experience.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/heal.../22581-dopamine
Mad Poster
#1421 Old 17th Aug 2024 at 11:09 PM
I also agree that shit on top of shit is just more shit, but we know they're not going to stop selling content.

If they must sell content, it should at least be content worth the effort.

Simmers have played Inzoi and I enjoying it, Maxis should probably pay attention.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1422 Old Yesterday at 2:01 AM
Simmers have played Inzoi and I enjoying it, Maxis should probably pay attention.

Yes, they should. And at this point: inZoi can be thrown in whatever argument the PR defends for whatever TS4 is lacking (animations, features). We have a living proof and a good prime example things they say aren’t impossible, are possible. InZoi may be for well be the only thing that, if it releases, might kill the disinterest for magority to stick with TS4 that can’t even have cars and world without loading screens in 2024.

Theorist
#1423 Old Yesterday at 2:03 PM
I also agree that shit on top of shit is just more shit, but we know they're not going to stop selling content.

If they must sell content, it should at least be content worth the effort.

They're not going to stop selling stuff and piling on, hence causing more problems. There is no money to be made creating hot fixes and fixing bugs. Yes, they should be selling content that is worth the consumers time and money. That genie escaped from the bottle a long time ago. There are currently 31 kits alone. Kits were dubbed as "occasional" content. The conversation about what this community buys vs what Maxis hears when content is purchased has been discussed countless times.

This is a classic case big vs little. Big- big company / Little- the consumer. This phrase was thrown at me a couple of months ago from a dude that works for a different kind of multi-billion dollar company. Without getting into the weeds, said person is also bully that has no understanding of boundaries as in actual, physical boundaries such as property lines. He went after a contractor that was hired to do work on my property last week. Bully didn't like somebody being on my property, so he decided to take things upon himself. Why? Who knows.

When a big boss of said multi-billion dollar company showed up on site, I got the usual boiler plate apology, but my question of "What is this guy's problem?" has yet to be answered. I'm never going to get a answer because big vs little. People within the company will always defend the problem man-child in this case before they'll actually deal with him. Meanwhile, I'm the crazy bitch doesn't know what I'm talking about, that was until the contractor also spoke up. The contractor in this case knows all too well how this company operates. He's had his share of their bullshit too.

The TS4 community does have a choice. People can put up Maxis / EA's bullshit or not. No TS4 player has to deal with somebody like the above mentioned man-child. I get to look forward to dealing with him for at least the next two years. If bosses continue to allow these little temper-tantrums or whatever the hell is going on, he'll be dealt with in another way. That way being getting police involved because I'm allowed to have contractors on my property that I pay for with zero lip service from them.
Page 57 of 57