Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st Jul 2024 at 11:35 AM
Sabine Hossenfelder is one of my favourite theoretical physicists, I like this description of time and the speed of light:
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 10:35 PM
Time can stop and even go backwards if your job sucks enough!: Jokes aside thats a very cool video and I do like how she explains stuff.

Came across a blog post discussing how increasingly things that aren't considered "fine art" don't get credited properly if at all. They explain that "non fine art" is somehow unworthy of being credited at all because its lesser and how this wasn't nearly as much of a problem in previous decades. It's really weird because anything else would get you hunted downw to the edge of the universe for plariagrim, IP infringement or theft. But somehow its ok if the thing being immitated or whatver isn't fancy enough. Kind of rude that. Anyway that reminded me of this article about Roy Lichtenstein vs Andy Warhol which amused me because I like both artists
Mad Poster
#28 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 9:46 PM
For a while, I used to watch The Infographics Show on social media, until they started to go into SCP conspiracy theories.

But for the most part, they would talk about biographies of fascinating people, world culture, science, world history that my high school teacher was usually neglecting to tell us (nothing untoward, just not enough time to cover it and current events), social experiments with a fellow employee and theoretical explanations for the BIG "what ifs?" that life is giving us when we think about it.

It is worth watching otherwise.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
It is worth watching otherwise.

Could you give us a link as per the first post please, @Pandaqueen ?
Mad Poster
#30 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 8:06 PM
Here's the link.

https://youtube.com/@theinfographic...TeuLtvnghRwbBNH

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 8:24 PM
Thanks @Pandaqueen which one of these videos do you particularly like?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 8:31 PM
I usually go for the historical oddities like war heroes who lost digits and limbs and lived to tell the tale, influential biographies like the life story of Bill Gates (particularly finding out he was practically "runt of the litter" sized when he was in school.) and of course, the social experiments of a willing employee.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 10:17 PM
Page 2 of 2