2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1201 Old Today at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Long story short, Vivian Cho tragically starved to death and her daughter Etsu was adopted by Timothy Riley. Timothy's biological daughter Sally is best friends with Sofia Baldwin, and by extension Etsu also became great friends with Sofia. Etsu wants to fall in love, meanwhile Sofia hasn't rolled the want to explicitly fall in love but she currently wants to go on a date and to sneak out with Etsu. Their turn-ons match each other, Etsu is turned on by black hair and make-up while Sofia is turned on by make-up and higher education (well, this one doesn't technically match yet but Etsu will be attending college in the near future) so they have chemistry.

The thing is, they are all teens but there's supposed to be an age gap. Sofia Baldwin is 3 days older than Sally Riley, who in turn is 1 day older than Etsu. These ages don't quite match with the wiki but it might've been just because of when I actually triggered each birthday. Anyway, the point is Sofia is meant to be older than Sally, who in turn is meant to be older than Etsu. Sofia is scheduled to leave for university this rotation, and since I'm playing 2 days per university year, Etsu is scheduled to go to university two rotations from now when Sofia is starting her 3rd year. This would theoretically make Sofia 2 years older than Etsu, though I think 3 is more fitting with their original ages to account for the birthdays not completely lining up - just assume Sofia was held back a year for some reason. Anyway, what we essentially have is a 17 year old and a 14 year old. Do I wait before exploring their romance? Wait until they are both at university? Until Sofia starts her 2nd year? Do I simply not care and say they are all teens and so it doesn't matter?

I think you just have to decide how you feel about this sort of thing and run with it. If it suits you better to have Sofia and Etsu pine for each other for a few days, then play that. If it suits you better to have them date now, then play that. My take on it is going to be different than anyone else's, and likely yours will be, too. I wouldn't blink at that kind of age gap in my game, but other folks find it bothersome. But it might be a lot of fun to play two teens who cannot get together for some reason--and if those two are your place to play with that idea, then figure out what makes sense for you. (In mine it would be social class prejudices, hands down, which wouldn't apply for those two.) Fortunately, there's no Sims 2 morality police (which of us wouldn't be in trouble if there were?!) and so you can figure out what you want to run in your neighborhood.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 49 of 49