Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 6:19 PM
Default Simple skirt separates for 18th-C. Native American Sims
I'm looking for bottoms-only, tight-fitting, straight-lined (read: wraparound), ~calf-length skirts in solid colors.

In my search for period-appropriate dress for my 18th Century Native American Sims, I've found that separate outfit parts seem to be the way to go... I'm not a mesher, and nobody who is will have made the outfits that I need - it's too strange of a combination. So I mix and match.

For European women of the period, you can probably picture the fancy dresses worn at Versailles, with the big skirts. The indigenous women here, when they adopted European clothing, adopted men's shirts, first and foremost, and their skirts were cut to fit under those shirts. See the photo of my friends Chris and Lorelei, from a 1998 trip to France that we took, to tour the old forts on the Atlantic coast. Their skirts are made from wool trade cloth, and decorated with ribbons and trade silver. In colder weather, short leggings made of the same wool could be worn under the skirts. Since outfit bottoms usually come with shoes, they'd have to be of the simple variety, to fit under (be hidden by) the "Low Boot" accessory mesh that I use in place of moccasins, for my Native Sims' footwear. A you can see, there's not much of the skirt even showing (the shirts were long, for reasons I won't go into here), so the design and color are a minor concern. The main thing is for skirts to be tight enough not to clip through the long-tailed 18th-century shirts that I use, from Almighty Hat.

Screenshots