Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 7:39 PM
Default question about a mod for simport
came across velocitygrass' mod to unliock all the simport rewards since simport is pretty much dead from birth, dropped it into my mods/packages folder loaded up the game and did not see the unlocked rewards... exited game moved file to mods/overrides folder and same thing, went digging through the comments on the page for the mod and velocity mentioned there were install instrructions, went back to the main page for their mod and could not find those instrucitons... so im looking for some advice on where it needs to go and what i did wrong

https://modthesims.info/d/470934/si...s-unlocked.html

theres the mod page if anyone needs it
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 9:44 PM
Hi, it's the same as for any package file, that particulat file contains OBJD and CASP overrides so just goes in the Mods folder.
Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Fileswiki
Inventor
#3 Old 18th Nov 2023 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silence731
came across velocitygrass' mod to unliock all the simport rewards since simport is pretty much dead from birth, dropped it into my mods/packages folder loaded up the game and did not see the unlocked rewards... exited game moved file to mods/overrides folder and same thing, went digging through the comments on the page for the mod and velocity mentioned there were install instrructions, went back to the main page for their mod and could not find those instrucitons... so im looking for some advice on where it needs to go and what i did wrong

https://modthesims.info/d/470934/si...s-unlocked.html

theres the mod page if anyone needs it

Do you have Showtime? https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Simport

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 1:22 AM
i own all eps and stuff packs and about 85-95% of the store, currently i am using NRAAs master controller, overwatch, traffic, i have SP in but not active, none of my other mods effect showtime or their scripting
Forum Resident
#5 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 5:32 PM
Sometimes for certain mods you need to delete the cache files for it to show up.

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package

And if that doesn't work maybe try re-downloading because maybe something went awry.

By the way Simport was not dead at birth based on my experience. I think I got all Simport rewards unlocked, although I didn't know that deleting the socialCache.package would erase all of that progress and the rewards along with it. Since I prefer not to Simport anymore but it was fun to try out then, I now have been using the mod for years now. But yeah, I remember Simport being quite active along with the other online social features such as gifting. I'm sure there's people who still use it actively.

Previous Game: Batman: Arkham Knight (Hard Mode/Unfinished-Another Time)

Current Game(s): ObsCure and Cyberpunk 2077