Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 9:49 PM
Default Which layout is better?
Quick post - I'm building a kitchen and cant decide on the layout! Someone pls tell me which is better Also do the counters work with the wallpaper?

Option 1

Option 2

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 10:10 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 7th Aug 2024 at 10:22 PM.
I would use the second set up since this counter disconnects and it also makes the kitchen look overly large. I would only have a rather posh looking kitchens that large and this one looks cheap. I wouldn't use those colours but that is subjective. To me the floor and wall and counters are rather dull together. I do like the green feature wall though.

Edit: subjective not objective. I really should not type before 8am.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2024 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would use the second set up since this counter disconnects and it also makes the kitchen look overly large. I would only have a rather posh looking kitchens that large and this one looks cheap. I wouldn't use those colours but that is objective. To me the floor and wall and counters are rather dull together. I do like the green feature wall though.

Thank you so much!

DONT! BE! BLEAK!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 1:02 AM
I would make it smaller-I usually have only about 4/5 counters at max because they do take up space that you could use for other purposes.
Also, you should put the stove about two counters away from the fridge, with the dishwasher and trash compactor also between them. At least that's what I'd do. The table should be in the center if not to the side.

Of course this is my conception of what the kitchen should look like. I usually have pretty small houses anyway, and don't waste the space on any one room.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 5:13 PM
I like the first picture. The detached piece looks out of place.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Aug 2024 at 10:59 AM
Layout wise, I like the island. One can put tall chairs there, for the sims who like to sit.

Remove two counters. Make space for fridge and stove, space them at least two apart. Also much depends where you put your sink.

Don't care for the unhappy colours. No windows? It looks like a design for an institution!