Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 2:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife
Default What is this? My PC? The game?
Recently, there has been a big black flashy thing over my loading screens.

In game, alt-prnt screening doesnt pick it up, so I went in paint and made a crappy version of it to show what im getting. Its like that, and flashes and moves about. Its annoying the crap out of me...what is it?
Screenshots

★☆Simify☆★
回「Shall we dance?」回
これを読むことができれば訳者を使用している。
:| Yep, another post from Mr. Biggles. |:

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:00 PM
IS your cd scratched?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:01 PM
No, it was working fine a while ago. It did this for about a day, then stopped, and its been a few weeks. Its only on load screens, too.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:36 PM Last edited by johnling1 : 1st Mar 2005 at 3:40 PM.
What new hardware have you added around the time it started? It looks like mine did when I upgraded the motherboard and processor added 2 gig more ram and a second dvd rom. The power supply was pulling too hard. I had to goto a 500w power supply. If you didn't add anything it just may be getting week. At load the CPU and dvd/cd/hd are all under load. My battery backup came with the software that shows me the load on the system so it was easy too see the power supply, 350w was pulling 326 at idle, was overloaded.

ThisDude
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 3:48 PM
I had a weird thing where if I played another game before playing TS2 the GUI would flicker like mad. The solution I found was to reboot my PC before starting TS2.

"Y'know, you guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off." ~Zaphod Beeblebrox
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 4:26 PM
Yeah, thats what i've been doing. If I play TS2, it works fine, but the next time its like that and i reset. But I was just wondering if I can get rid of it.