Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default SIMS2EP1.exe
This file is corrupt and I can't play University, I don't have any hacks so what should i do?? please help if you can!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:09 PM
Well you could just save your downloads folder and neighborhood folders and any other folders you don't want to lose and then unistall sims2 and do a clean install then pacth with sim2 patch then university should install then you can add your stuff back in
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:19 PM
By any chance, you don't have the no-cd crack running, do you? That is a definite NO-NO!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:49 PM
i have uninstalled the sims 2 and did all the reinstalling and it still wont work.. :confused:
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:52 PM
I read about other users with a similar problem, so I think it's the CD (or is it a DVD?) or the copy protection or anything like that.

I don't think a no-cd patch is to blame, since this would effect the sims2.exe and not the sims2ep1.exe - except there's a no-cd out for the expansion pack already, but I doubt that :D. I think your problem is a problem for the hotline, official forum etc. .

"If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do."
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:12 PM
Try manually copying the file to your hard drive. If you can do this, then create a folder on your hard drive, copy the entire disc that folder, and install from there. If you get an error message when you copy the Sims2EP1.exe file, then your disc is probably damaged/defective. In Windows XP, the error message is "Cannot copy Sims2EP1.exe: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)". You might be able to recover the file using Norton Systemworks or some other program and install from your hard drive, or might get the disc to work after cleaning it, but you will probably have to exchange the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 9:26 PM
i fixed this finally by uninstalling everything and deleting every file that had to do with sims 2 in the computer, but now, the update is screwing up and will not finish out the instillation.. ugh