Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:22 AM
Default Permissions error
There was an archived question about this but no answer. This is the error message I get...
Windows Cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not
have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
I have reloaded the game and it ran yesterday but I installed some saved files wrong I guess because now it wont open. On the plus side Bobyshop works and I havent been able to use that for at least 2 months.
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:25 AM
Are you logged onto the pc as the main account? The administrator? Is your pc Windows XP?
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:34 AM
Soory..I have been doing this so much I am brain fading..I run xp and I am not in as admistrator. My husband said this may have something to do with reloading windows with my new processor and motherboard. It seems that there are 2 accounts and administrator. The only problem is that only 1 account has a log in option!! I think I hate computers. If you guys have any ideas on how to make my game work that would be great. My "techie" hubby wants to wipe the whole computer and make me start from scratch again?!?!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:47 AM
I don't know... if you can log in as Administrator, you can install the game and then you can move The Sims 2 (from My Documents of your other account) to the admin account. I know, that by experience, when you get a message like that, it is a rights issue. Your account doesn't have enough rights to access certain areas.
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:51 AM Last edited by Lovely Wench : 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:55 AM. Reason: surprise!!
Thank you daysies..I'll go cry quietly in the corner now..or maybe try and fix it..

Oh no!!! I am the administrator!! *kicks computer* Stupid thing!