Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2024 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
https://variety.com/2024/gaming/new...iew-1236142010/

Wow. Not that I'm surprised.
Forum Resident
#3 Old Today at 6:06 PM
Quote:
EA’s vice president and general manager of “The Sims” franchise Kate Gorman told Variety the main reason behind this decision to not publish a fifth edition of the game was the concern that players (there are more than 80 million worldwide, per EA) would have to start all over again after a decade’s worth of gameplay in the existing “Sims 4.”

And whose fault is it that this has been going on for over a decade, Kate?

I think I speak for most people when I say that the fanbase has been ready to move on for years now (save for a few whiny fucks who cry about the thought of having to go back to a vanilla base game as if what we have right now is that much better).

And really, a simple fix for this issue would be to finally quit being stubborn and release a base game with actual substance, meaning weather and pets included. Those features have been a part of the series forever, it's time to start including them from day 1.

Really this is just EA admitting that they're too cheap to release a fleshed out base game and using people's complaints about barebones base games against them so they can let TS4 keep running on life support until it fizzles out and the series is effectively dead.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame