Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2024 at 11:42 PM
Default The Prism Legacy Challenge
Since I discovered lilsimsie’s Not So Berry challenge a few years ago (her videos re-introduced me to the franchise) I fell in love with the idea and wanted to try it but alas, I can’t afford Sims 4. So, when I got my hands on the Sims 2 UC I thought of ways to play this challenge. I didn't quite wanted to adapt the existing rules, so I focused on the core reason of the NSB challenge (playing with the packs' content), which felt like a great incentive for me since, until then, I've just played fully with University and Night Life only. Little did I know that a LEPacy already existed, and… that’s mostly why I've kept this to myself for so long, for fear of feeling like copying; though now I think I made it distinctive enough to post it. So here it goes!

So, in short, taking the Not So Berry and LEPacy challenges as inspiration, I came up with what I call the Prism Legacy challenge! A 9 generation legacy where each gen represents an EP (BG included), and a color following the separation of light by prism (hence the name); each one providing a somewhat (hopefully) interesting storyline that utilizes some of the EP’s unique features.

Please take into consideration that I have a surface level knowledge of every EP, and so I created these “rules” mostly with the help of the Sims Wiki. Some generations may have harder requirements than others (?); again, because of my lack of experience playing the EPs I don’t really know how well balanced or fair the difficulty could be. I’m open for opinions, suggestions, ideas, critiques…

With nothing left to say, I present:

THE PRISM LEGACY CHALLENGE

GENERAL GUIDELINES
  • Represent the color of your generation in any way, get creative
  • Play on normal lifespan
  • You could play on the same lot or move out with each new generation (just save an apartment lot for gen 9)
  • Secondary aspirations are more of an afterthought, (I know they’re from FT but I thought of adding them to have more variety in wants and such) so you could choose others or none at all (except for gen 8)
  • Choose any career unless specifically stated
  • Have fun!

GENERATION ONE: WHITE
Being from a small town with small minds and aspirations was always a struggle since you always dreamed as big as space itself. Your fascination for the cosmos didn’t make you think twice to start over in a new place and aim for the stars, quite literally. Though you should have thought about grabbing a bit more simoleons with you… oh well.

#EP: Base Game
#Aspiration: Knowledge
#Secondary Aspiration: Fortune
#Requirements:
  • Start with 2000 simoleons on an empty lot (alt: an empty house with very basic furniture)
  • Reach level 9 of the Military career
  • Max the logic skill
  • Get abducted and have an alien baby, your heir (use a mod for female founders)
  • Send your child/children to private school

GENERATION TWO: RED
Growing up, you always felt different from the rest of your family; most likely because you are. And despite that, people tend to dismiss you, overlooked in favor of your parent’s shadow. So you decide to make a name for yourself, enroll to uni, and prove your worth!

#EP: University
#Aspiration: Popularity
#Secondary Aspiration: Knowledge
#Requirements:
  • Earn more than one scholarship
  • Study what’s necessary to pursuit any of these careers: Artist, Natural Science, Paranormal, Show Business
  • Join a Greek House and the Secret Society
  • Throw a graduation party
  • Reach the top level of your chosen uni career

GENERATION THREE: ORANGE
Your parents keep a neat reputation in the neighborhood, and everyone expects you to follow their scholarly steps and be part of their alma mater. But you want none of that! You only care about the good life, and that’s a life of party and hot dates!

#EP: Nightlife
#Aspiration: Pleasure
#Secondary Aspiration: Romance
#Requirements:
  • Have 5 dream dates
  • Have at least 2 simultaneous partners
  • Join the Slacker career
  • Have an outing at least once a week
  • Become a single parent of one child only

GENERATION FOUR: YELLOW
Even though your parent gave you love and a fun carefree childhood, you knew from the start you wanted more. So much more. So you wasted no time into making those simoleons rain and commit to a prosperous future for you and your big family.

#EP: Open For Business
#Aspiration: Fortune
#Secondary Aspiration: Family
#Requirements:
  • Sell lemonade during your childhood
  • Have a job as a teen
  • Own a business and reach at least level 5
  • Have at least three kids (the heir would be the youngest)
  • Earn 2 gold talent badges

GENERATION FIVE: GREEN
You had everything you needed at home, or so you were told. There were many commodities, yes; and food at the table, most importantly. But your parents were so busy providing everything for you that they somehow neglected you; and your relationship with your siblings wasn’t that good either. Good thing you found solace in the companion of your fluffy friends.

#EP: Pets
#Secondary Aspiration: Fortune
#Requirements:
  • Be acquaintance/enemy of one of your siblings
  • Befriend and adopt a stray
  • Own at least 1 of each type of pet (dog, cat, wombat, parrot)
  • Be best friends with all your pets
  • Teach at least 5 commands/tricks to a pet

GENERATION SIX: BLUE
Nature has been such a big part of your life. But while growing up surrounded by fur and fleas was chaotic fun, you always felt a stronger connection with the outdoors. And though running into the woods and live in the wild is always tempting, you know a neat sustainable garden in the suburbs would do just fine.

#EP: Seasons
#Aspiration: Family
#Secondary Aspiration: Pleasure
#Requirements:
  • Own at least 5 gardening pots and 3 orchard trees
  • Build a greenhouse
  • Join the garden club
  • Earn a gold gardening or fishing badge
  • Make a wish in the wishing well

GENERATION SEVEN: INDIGO
All you ever wanted to do in your childhood was whisk away from your beautiful and confined backyard. So many places to visit, so many people to meet… The world is big and you are going to see it! And everyone will know about it through you!

#EP: Bon Voyage
#Secondary Aspiration: Knowledge
#Requirements:
  • Visit all vacation sub-hoods for at least 3 days each
  • Collect at least 10 mementos
  • Romance a local
  • Learn Tai-Chi, Fire Dance or Slap Dance
  • Interact with either the Wise Old Man, Witch Doctor or Bigfoot

GENERATION EIGHT: VIOLET
Knowing your parent fulfilled their dreams inspired you to fulfill yours. And those are dreams of leisure! Sure, you may not know what sparks your interest, but you will try everything in order to figure it out. And you mean everything! And- wait… what is that delicious cheesy smell?

#EP: Free Time
#Aspiration: Knowledge
#Secondary Aspiration: Grilled Cheese
#Requirements:
  • Gain at least 3 point of enthusiasm for each hobby
  • Max out your predestined hobby
  • Enter and win a competition
  • Visit a hobby lot
  • Have 3 bffs (family or pets not included)

GENERATION NINE: BLACK
Life in the subs was all fine and dandy. Too fine and too dandy, actually. Deep down you craved something more chaotic, so to speak. So at the first opportunity you packed your bags and moved into a lovely cramped apartment to enjoy your bachelor life. Rent seems expensive though.

#EP: Apartment Life
#Aspiration: Romance
#Secondary Aspiration: Popularity
#Requirements:
  • Live in an apartment
  • Find a roommate
  • Become enemies with a neighbor
  • Throw a building party
  • Reach max level reputation (either good or bad)

And that's it! Have fun and happy simming!