Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#14926 Old 24th Aug 2024 at 10:04 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Aug 2024 at 12:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
If I'd wanted to put that directly into my game I would've extracted the folder to my downloads folder and then wondered why nothing in it showed up in-game.

I haven't extracted anything directly into my Downloads folder since... Well, I don't know if I've ever done it. I prefer keeping things under control in my Downloads folder, at least now when I've gotten most of that beast under control...

I prefer to look at what's inside, and move it manually. There's usually other files there too, or folders I don't want, other zipped files, "pick x files" or things like that, and these days I tend to edit some files to my liking before putting them in my game (such as price or categories), so mostly out of habit I still manually extract, to deal with this. Plus, there are always zipped files that refuse to extract directly to a folder, or refuse to open unless you do a bit of voodoo, jump around, and blow some fairy dust on them first... (Windows can open some zip files without needing any external tools, but for pretty much everything else - like rar files - there's 7zip...)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#14927 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 12:01 AM
Quote:
"...unless you do a bit of woodoo, jump around, and blow some fairy dust on them first..."

Anyone else read that as "woohoo" first time through? I've seen a lot of crazy stuff on the internet, but this mod? ...hahaha

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop on Aug 31: Swimmable Lakes (& other water builds)!!
In this Workshop, learn to make swimmable lakes, piers & arched bridges! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Mad Poster
#14928 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 12:51 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 25th Aug 2024 at 3:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Anyone else read that as "woohoo" first time through?

I suspect zip files wouldn't open from that
(and I did realize I'd put a "v" too many in that "W" - spellcheck fail )
Mad Poster
#14929 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 1:35 PM
Unless it already exists, a hack to make firefighters a bit smarter with enormous blazes (which can happen easily with fire spread + firefighter delay hacks). They keep running back and forth instead of putting out the fires closest to them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#14930 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 4:20 PM
I'd like to have some sort of "You can come late to work" card in the inventory of the sim. It can be given to a sim so they don't get the notification that they should be careful for being fired when being late twice.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Alchemist
#14931 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Why should scaring be limited only to ghosts? I wonder if scaring could be unlocked to allow sims to scare one another.

Meduza made a mode that gets you most of the way there. One of the More Symbiote Interactions is for scaring:

Looks like Meduza made it to go with the Klyntar mod, for turning sims into Venom, but I don't see why you have to use the Klyntar mod. You can put the Symbiote in the inventory of anyone you want to be able to scare or use Smonaff’s Ghost Hack, as the mod description says. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, you can mod the mod to make it look for a different item/trait, perhaps one of the traits from the Traits Project. There might already be a Supernatural trait out there that you can use. Or you can ask Meduza about making the interaction available for more creatures. Doesn't hurt to ask.

I also found Meduza's Scarecrow Can Scare Sims Away, for another way to scare sims. Again, you can put the trait in the inventory of any sim you want to be able to scare sims.

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Unless it already exists, a hack to make firefighters a bit smarter with enormous blazes (which can happen easily with fire spread + firefighter delay hacks). They keep running back and forth instead of putting out the fires closest to them.

I don't think I've noticed this, but then I've used Pescado's Fire Mod for a long time. Maybe try that if you haven't already? I use Midgethetree's edit that lets sims who’ve learned Fire Safety extinguish fires instead of panicking. (I also have Simwardrobe's Fire Brigade, which spawns more firefighters, depending on the size of the fire, but I'm not sure if that would affect the behavior of firefighters.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#14932 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 3:04 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 26th Aug 2024 at 9:50 AM.
Something to suppress the weather channel notif spam when all Sims are off-lot and unable to turn off the television.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#14933 Old 27th Aug 2024 at 7:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Looks like Meduza made it to go with the Klyntar mod, for turning sims into Venom, but I don't see why you have to use the Klyntar mod. You can put the Symbiote in the inventory of anyone you want to be able to scare or use Smonaff’s Ghost Hack, as the mod description says.

My mod supports also MidgeTheTree playable ghosts. There's ghosts-only version of the mod if you don't want to use my Klyntar mod.
Forum Resident
#14934 Old 28th Aug 2024 at 12:02 AM
I wish sunglasses worked like coats in winter, where if you went outside in summer, they would pop-on but come off when you walk inside. I would actually use them more if my sims didn't look like douchebags for wearing sunglasses inside.
Mad Poster
#14935 Old 28th Aug 2024 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I wish sunglasses worked like coats in winter, where if you went outside in summer, they would pop-on but come off when you walk inside. I would actually use them more if my sims didn't look like douchebags for wearing sunglasses inside.

Having more options for accessories would've been great (and no, jewelry doesn't count, because it has its own set of rules...)

Not sure how moddable accessories are in this particular way - maybe if set as particular categories, but even this could be a bit difficult to work around.

It is possible to make accessory boxes (of any shape - could easily look like sunglasses or whatever so they work as deco) where you can select accessories, and remove them again (via pie menu and smaller selection of accessories, instead of a mirror). Just an idea...

(I really need to learn how to make those accessory boxes - I have ideas XD )
Forum Resident
#14936 Old 28th Aug 2024 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
(I really need to learn how to make those accessory boxes - I have ideas XD )

My Discord server has hosted a number of live, interactive Workshops on creating accessory boxes. And we have one of the best accessory/posebox makers as an instructor, always eager to help people out when they want to learn! You're welcome to the videos, hosted on our YouTube channel (along with a few other CC How-Tos). And if you get stuck or have questions, there's help available!

Our motto is similar to "a rising tide lifts all ships."
A larger modding base stuffs all downloads folders. hahaha

-gE
>=)

▼ ▼ ▼ ▼

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop on Aug 31: Swimmable Lakes (& other water builds)!!
In this Workshop, learn to make swimmable lakes, piers & arched bridges! Join Now, & Start Creating!
Mad Poster
#14937 Old 28th Aug 2024 at 5:28 AM
If a Sim works at an owned business, something that changes the Ask > What's Your Job? message from "I'm an employee/manager" to "I work at Business Name."

Forum Resident
#14938 Old 28th Aug 2024 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Having more options for accessories would've been great (and no, jewelry doesn't count, because it has its own set of rules...)

Yup. There's a lot of CC that uses this category too (glasses, nail polish, jewelry before BV added a whole separate section for that, pacifiers for toddlers). I wish glasses had a similar setup where you could choose per outfit like hair and jewelry instead of their programmed rules. Maybe I want that sim to NOT wear glasses when they're in gym clothes playing basketball or soccer (or even switch to goggles!), or maybe I DO want them in sunglasses in their swimwear because they're going tan on the beach all afternoon.
Page 598 of 598