Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 8:18 AM
Default Change a default part into non default
Hi, I want to change a default part into non default

I found lots of tutorials to transform non-default to default and it doesn't look like I can use those as "reversible" instructions (For example this: https://db.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=579498)

What I want to do is to be able to have several af and am bottoms to choose for my naked sims to have human body variety in my family. There are a several of different models out there but all of them are default replacement meshes.

I have S3PE and S3OC, but then I don't know where to start because when I open one of those default files with S3OC the elements list is empty so I can't use the "Clone or Fix" button

Can you help me to find a way to do it? Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 1:01 AM
I'd guess that these packages only contain the mesh parts and not the CASP attached to them, which is why S3OC can't see what it's supposed to be cloning.

Here's a trick that should help
  • Under Cloning > CAS Part, find and clone the piece the CC replaces (for example, afBottomNude) with Renumber unticked, to get a package containing the default.
  • Open the package in S3PE, and from Resource > Import > From package..., import the default replacement CC and allow it to overwrite the contents. Save.
  • Now the mesh replacer and the CASP have been reunited, you should be able to open the package in S3OC again and have an entry that can be cloned and unhidden in CAS
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
I'd guess that these packages only contain the mesh parts and not the CASP attached to them, which is why S3OC can't see what it's supposed to be cloning.

• Under Cloning > CAS Part, find and clone the piece the CC replaces (for example, afBottomNude) with Renumber unticked, to get a package containing the default.
  • Open the package in S3PE, and from Resource > Import > From package..., import the default replacement CC and allow it to overwrite the contents. Save.
  • Now the mesh replacer and the CASP have been reunited, you should be able to open the package in S3OC again and have an entry that can be cloned and unhidden in CAS

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I will try it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims

I can confirm this works like a charm, these 3 steps plus this https://sims3tutorialhub.tumblr.com...w-to-add-thumbs to add thumbs and you can add to CAS anything that was default.
Also: If "Under Cloning > CAS Part, " doesn't work for you because of "Found no packages" message, even when your folders configuration is right, use in S3OC Tools > Search once you find the part, click in "clone or fix"