Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6951 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Elders who are born in game and grew up with computers still have a fear of sending emails. I guess it was a funny quirk in 2004 when Sims came out, but now it's just silly.

That is funny, especially since there is no use at all for email in the game.

TS2 is very peak 00s at times. I was copying a house which I saw on a listing site the other day in the game and I kept being impressed that I could easily find the exact piece of furniture, wallpaper, or so on that I needed, and in vanilla content usually, not even CC. It got to the point where I started to wonder whether the homeowner had played a lot of sims, and then I noticed a pair of deco elephants and it dawned on me that this house was not styled after TS2, it was styled about 20 years ago and the décor had simply been meticulously maintained. I wasn't seeing similarities to TS2 items, I was seeing 2000s interior design fashions.

I have never come across simblr.cc and I don't really understand how to use it - do I go to feed for TS2?

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6952 Old 22nd Jul 2024 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
I have never come across simblr.cc and I don't really understand how to use it - do I go to feed for TS2?

If you want downloads,
Games --> The Sims 2 --> Mods --> (and from there to categories, ticking boxes for searches, or just browsing)

I've used it for downloading (not uploading). It's not particularly better or worse than various other sims sites. The outlay (especially for the download pages) could've been better (a bit messy in places), but other than that I guess it's nice with another place people can upload stuff to.
Mad Poster
#6953 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 2:16 AM
The misplaced restock sign glitch.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6954 Old Yesterday at 7:09 PM
I will forever be confused about why, when writing a novel, you're instructed to choose the cover and plot elements when initiating the action, but name the novel and write the description comes right at the end, which happens as a pop up with absolutely no notice, several game-days' worth of effort later.

Who can remember what they have set? WHO? I have taken to writing the description and the title in the sim's bio, but I quite often forget to check this, even so, and once the pop up happens I can't access this info anyway.

Check out my thoughts on Psymchology (Sim Psychology) - latest post is on the main six aspirations.
Forum Resident
#6955 Old Yesterday at 9:30 PM
I will forever be confused about why, when writing a novel, you're instructed to choose the cover and plot elements when initiating the action, but name the novel and write the description comes right at the end, which happens as a pop up with absolutely no notice, several game-days' worth of effort later.

Who can remember what they have set? WHO? I have taken to writing the description and the title in the sim's bio, but I quite often forget to check this, even so, and once the pop up happens I can't access this info anyway.

Your books and their descriptions aren't just "aaaa" & "aheajkhjkhgfdjkh" ? damn, you people put a lot more effort in these things than I ever do
Instructor
#6956 Old Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Just recently I found a video review of mod I really liked, so I went to download it. The description says: "This mod requires X mod to work", so, fine, okay, I go and download that other thing... and this extra mod's description says: "This mod requires X mod to work properly", and said mod adds a lot more things I don't want in my game. So, do I suck it up and download everything or don't download anything at all? I can't decide :'(
Mad Poster
#6957 Old Yesterday at 11:08 PM
What was the mod?

Instructor
#6958 Old Today at 12:06 AM
What was the mod?

This one: Unselectable ACR Pregnancy
https://www.tumblr.com/latestfire/7...e-acr-pregnancy
Mad Poster
#6959 Old Today at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
Just recently I found a video review of mod I really liked, so I went to download it. The description says: "This mod requires X mod to work", so, fine, okay, I go and download that other thing... and this extra mod's description says: "This mod requires X mod to work properly", and said mod adds a lot more things I don't want in my game. So, do I suck it up and download everything or don't download anything at all? I can't decide :'(

Sun&Moon's stuff in a nutshell

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#6960 Old Today at 7:54 AM
I've seen a few tiny mods as dependencies that don't do anything notable, and seem to serve the purpose of getting the author's name more visible. Like searching the inventory for a memory token that is one line or sometimes two lines.
Mad Poster
#6961 Old Today at 9:01 AM
Easy inventory Check?

Mad Poster
#6962 Old Today at 9:32 AM
A certain type of customer.

They reject every sale interaction and get negative stars. If you just ignore them, they also get negative stars. If you use businessrunsyou to make them bugger off, they just show up again 15 minutes later.

Top Secret Researcher
#6963 Old Today at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
A certain type of customer.

They reject every sale interaction and get negative stars. If you just ignore them, they also get negative stars. If you use businessrunsyou to make them bugger off, they just show up again 15 minutes later.

Sounds pretty realistic to me.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#6964 Old Today at 2:07 PM
The Help with Homework interaction is always so aggravating. The homework is put down in a bad place, the interaction times out, or it's difficult getting both Sims to stop what they're doing and perform it. Any tips other than manually moving the homework to a better place?
Instructor
#6965 Old Today at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
The Help with Homework interaction is always so aggravating. The homework is put down in a bad place, the interaction times out, or it's difficult getting both Sims to stop what they're doing and perform it. Any tips other than manually moving the homework to a better place?

I always make both sims walk into the room where the homework is before the child/teen asks for help, otherwise what you just said happens; one of them starts doing something else, their way is blocked and walking suddenly seems inconvenient, so it's better to get them into the room first.

If the space is too cramped and the helping with homework interaction can't happen, I do move the homework to the floor and make it happen there, but I'm wondering if using the Walk Around & Through Blocks might help with that? https://modthesims.info/d/320185/up...ugh-blocks.html
Page 279 of 279