Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2024 at 1:27 PM Last edited by tylersada : 9th Jul 2024 at 2:42 AM.
Default Help with Roof issues on my build.
I am having a couple of issues with this build that I would like to resolve if anyone would be able to help me. The roof looks too steep to me but I can't find a way to correct it and still keep it smooth to match the builder conception and the porch roof that abuts a second floor bedroom shows as a blue/white streak against the wall. If I adjust the roof to get rid of the streak it messes with the look of the roof outside the build. I have tried to remove the section of roof and put a new one on in the hopes it was a glitch but no luck. As far as the major part of the roof I have tried adjusting the size of the rooms in the hopes that it would work but that didn't help either. It seems that EA has a set formula for the roofs (at least as far as I have been able to discover), does anyone have any tricks that can be used to lower the height of the roof (which has many sections) without causing the roof to have visible seams or pitches that are not smooth looking. The first set of photos are the builder photos, the second set are of my build. I admit that I did not completely follow the builder conception due to personal choices but I am trying to keep the basic design as close as possible because I do like that !update! I have looked at several tutorials but haven't found what I need yet. I did fiddle with the main part of the roof (uploading screenshots 0f front and back). It does look slightly better but still not what I want. I still haven't been able to resolve the issue of the blue/white streak on the bedroom wall from the porch roof. I have tried changing it from a half hipped to a half gabled, but that didn't help either. Ok, I have fixed the blue/white streak by changing the roof trim. I played around more with the room sizes and roof. It looks better. I believe this is about as good as it gets (hopefully I will get better at this as I get more experience). I am going to go ahead and upload the build. I still would like to hear from anyone who can give me tips, advice or links to good video tutorials. Thanks.

Nutty Sims Mommy.