Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 10:44 AM
Default pregnant sim cant give birth even after troubleshooting
hey guys so a few days ago i was removing mods that conflicted with story progression. after i removed them and went back to playing, my pregnant sim won't give birth. right before the baby is born an error box popped up and if i press reset, the sim in question stuck in an animation loop. tried using whatcausedthis and it said i missed some important mods. but i already have them in my mod folder. i asked on the lazyduchess discord server but not even people there know what's wrong

i tried moving the pregnant sim on an empty lot but it still persists, and im using sims 2 rpc launcher so technically i do delete the cache every time im playing

im honestly ran out of solution at this point
[IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#2 Old Yesterday at 12:15 PM
Post the error log, someone may be able to read it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old Yesterday at 12:54 PM
Might be time for a 50/50 search.
Make a back up, try without CC-does the birth go normally? if yes its something in your download folder and sometimes the only way to find that is cut it in two and place one half back in your game. Does the birth work now, yes or no? If yes, put that half on your deck top and try the other half. Then you take the half with the issue and cut it in half again and test each side of that. You do that until you find the problem file.

Now its also possible its the action of two files together but I would at least try a 50/50.

Bad Gosup tree is normally caused by a mod looking for and failing to find an extra file as what caused this suggested. That does list the major ones but there are possibly more.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old Yesterday at 1:00 PM
You said that you removed some mods that conflicted with Story Progression. Is it possible that one of those mods was affecting the pregnancy and it's now trying to find it? What happens if you put those mods back in?
retired moderator
#5 Old Yesterday at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Bad Gosup tree is normally caused by a mod looking for and failing to find an extra file as what caused this suggested. That does list the major ones but there are possibly more.

Yes, their image shows that they already have the listed files in, so it's either a gameversion issue or another mod that has a dependency.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old Yesterday at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, their image shows that they already have the listed files in, so it's either a gameversion issue or another mod that has a dependency.

They have all EP's and SP's listed on their profile, I checked. So unless they don't have them all installed it shouldn't be a game version issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old Today at 12:03 AM
Default here's the error log
Post the error log, someone may be able to read it.

https://jmp.sh/tkZKiHDi
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old Today at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You said that you removed some mods that conflicted with Story Progression. Is it possible that one of those mods was affecting the pregnancy and it's now trying to find it? What happens if you put those mods back in?

i could try that but those mods were also causing error ingame, and thus what lead me to remove them in the first place
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old Today at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Might be time for a 50/50 search.

yeah it looks like i have no other choice at this point but man i hate the 50/50 method because it's so tedious. I'll do it for real if there's really no way to solve this
retired moderator
#10 Old Today at 1:09 AM
Oh! You have NoSimLoaded? I wonder if this is the problem with the pregnancy tokens that is known about (see this thread for example: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=646976 )?

@Kestrellyn might know.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old Today at 2:16 AM
Oh! You have NoSimLoaded? I wonder if this is the problem with the pregnancy tokens that is known about (see this thread for example: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=646976 )?

No Sim Loaded only throws a birth error if they don't have Smarter EP Check, but they said they have that.

OP, how deep are your folders? Could it be so deep its not being read?

~Call me Jo~