Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 12:33 PM Last edited by Alderlock : Yesterday at 4:02 PM.
Default Cant make this recolorable
I have already used this guide https://hugelunatic.com/making-objects-recolorable/ for recoloring. I want to make armchair or single living chair into dining chair, so I cloned the custom chair and replace the mesh and texture but it seemed didn't change the chair into the mesh I want and is not recolorable. Would you guys help me to see what was going on with this mesh?
Screenshots
Inventor
#2 Old Today at 10:26 AM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : Today at 11:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Alderlock
I have already used this guide https://hugelunatic.com/making-objects-recolorable/ for recoloring. I want to make armchair or single living chair into dining chair, so I cloned the custom chair and replace the mesh and texture but it seemed didn't change the chair into the mesh I want and is not recolorable. Would you guys help me to see what was going on with this mesh?

Hello @Alderlock
If you are converting a Sims3/4 to a Sims2 object, you need to clone a Sims2 chair.

I downloaded your chair to have a look at it.
In the GeometricDataContainer (GMDC), there is no colors showing. Was that the case before you imported in your new chair?
Sometimes I have found this, and it is to do with what options you choose when selecting the cloned item i.e. did you tick "Standalone" - this option is not the default. I would recommend starting again with the standalone option, rename your object and go into the GMDC to check if you now have color for the object before reimporting the new chair.

To me, it doesn't look as if you have updated the name of the chair as it is still showing 4to2 Juliette Chair and possibly not given a new GUID.

Also, in the GMDC, I found the subsets names of wood and cloth had not been used and the other groups e.g. glass not deleted as no longer required.
In Material Definition, change the StdBaseTextureName to correspond with (the target) used in Material Textures, for the colors to update. I would recommend a simple target name e..g. chair and consequently update the Material Textures to end with "-chair_txtr". If you do recolors, name it chair2, chair3 etc.

I updated the chair myself but will not recolor; so the main change is to make it Standalone.

Hope this helps?
Good luck!

Update 11.09: I made your chair:

I have attached the zip.file for you to have a look at and compare with your own. I believe it was the standalone option not being used that ultimately led to the object not being recolorable.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  LSP8Shasta3to2MobileDiningChairMesh.zip (318.2 KB, 1 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old Today at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Alderlock
If you are converting a Sims3/4 to a Sims2 object, you need to clone a Sims2 chair.

I downloaded your chair to have a look at it.
In the GeometricDataContainer (GMDC), there is no colors showing. Was that the case before you imported in your new chair?
Sometimes I have found this, and it is to do with what options you choose when selecting the cloned item i.e. did you tick "Standalone" - this option is not the default. I would recommend starting again with the standalone option, rename your object and go into the GMDC to check if you now have color for the object before reimporting the new chair.

To me, it doesn't look as if you have updated the name of the chair as it is still showing 4to2 Juliette Chair and possibly not given a new GUID.

Also, in the GMDC, I found the subsets names of wood and cloth had not been used and the other groups e.g. glass not deleted as no longer required.
In Material Definition, change the StdBaseTextureName to correspond with (the target) used in Material Textures, for the colors to update. I would recommend a simple target name e..g. chair and consequently update the Material Textures to end with "-chair_txtr". If you do recolors, name it chair2, chair3 etc.

I updated the chair myself but will not recolor; so the main change is to make it Standalone.

Hope this helps?
Good luck!

Update 11.09: I made your chair:

I have attached the zip.file for you to have a look at and compare with your own. I believe it was the standalone option not being used that ultimately led to the object not being recolorable.

Yes I have been battling the new GUID, it says it have to register to get one but I followed this guide https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...ic=36101.0;wap2 to get the new GUID but it seemed I missed something to make it not work the way I want it. I have checked the chair mesh that you fixed, I am very grateful, thankful and love it however I really want the full mesh with the glass on the side of the chair just like the original one in this one https://cluedosims.tumblr.com/post/...-recycled-guids.

questions: did you remesh it or do I just have to add the glass part on the mesh? I am sorry I am a novice in meshing and SimPE or we only can make 2 subsets on dining chairs?
Inventor
#4 Old Today at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alderlock
Yes I have been battling the new GUID, it says it have to register to get one but I followed this guide https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...ic=36101.0;wap2 to get the new GUID but it seemed I missed something to make it not work the way I want it. I have checked the chair mesh that you fixed, I am very grateful, thankful and love it however I really want the full mesh with the glass on the side of the chair just like the original one in this one https://cluedosims.tumblr.com/post/...-recycled-guids.

questions: did you remesh it or do I just have to add the glass part on the mesh? I am sorry I am a novice in meshing and SimPE or we only can make 2 subsets on dining chairs?

Hello @Alderlock
I am fairly new to converting objects starting in 2020 when GUIDs were no longer available.
To acquire a GUID, after
Selecting the object you wish to clone (avoid objects that have been slaved to another e.g. quaint loveseat and sofa as you will need to change the SimPE settings to making the object standalone) ,
Update the description (all the info on the money will be worked out for you),
Name your file - use an abbreviation of your username i.e. Alk plus followed by the proper name of your object e.g. alkmobilediningchair
In Object Data, go into Raw Data and change to decimal then update comfort and/or environment scores as you wish
On the left side, click on update all MMATS on the left side, rename the filename i.e.alkmobilediningchair

Above update all MMATS is the word GUID with a value that is the same value as the fallback GUID a few rows below and this is why it needs to be changed,
Click on the heading Tools select from the drop down list Object Tools then Hash Generator
There is a GUID that is generated that is unique to the name you have chosen for your object - use control and C to copy the number generated usually "00x00....." and paste it (control and v) to replace that number. Then click on Update , then Commit then Tools , then from the drop down list Fix Integrity

Re your other questions:
Sims 2 objects can only have 2 subsets that can be mixed when selected; however if there is a third part, that can be included but will be constant for all the color options of the other two subsets e.g will always be the one type of glass you have chosen - clear glass. It is your decision which 2 subsets you want to have the choice with - the wood and fabric of this chair could be one subset (regroup to one in Milkshape 3D) and the glass could be the other if you would like various colors of glass e.g blue, green, grey, black, white.

Glass is slightly complicated - as you work on doing conversions that have a glass element, take a screen dump of the Material Definitions (TXMT) for use when adding glass or a specific color of glass. Alternatively I could gather some of mine and attach it here if you like. I think you will come a long way before you will find a glass texture image, so I could add that for you too. I recently made a chair and did a glass recolor request Studio Town Faux Dining Set - you could have a look at that to see how to add glass.

I have also uploaded a tutorial on converting objects Convertings Sims3 Objects to Sims2 that might also help you.

Hope this helps?
Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old Today at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
Hello @Alderlock
I am fairly new to converting objects starting in 2020 when GUIDs were no longer available.
To acquire a GUID, after
Selecting the object you wish to clone (avoid objects that have been slaved to another e.g. quaint loveseat and sofa as you will need to change the SimPE settings to making the object standalone) ,
Update the description (all the info on the money will be worked out for you),
Name your file - use an abbreviation of your username i.e. Alk plus followed by the proper name of your object e.g. alkmobilediningchair
In Object Data, go into Raw Data and change to decimal then update comfort and/or environment scores as you wish
On the left side, click on update all MMATS on the left side, rename the filename i.e.alkmobilediningchair

Above update all MMATS is the word GUID with a value that is the same value as the fallback GUID a few rows below and this is why it needs to be changed,
Click on the heading Tools select from the drop down list Object Tools then Hash Generator
There is a GUID that is generated that is unique to the name you have chosen for your object - use control and C to copy the number generated usually "00x00....." and paste it (control and v) to replace that number. Then click on Update , then Commit then Tools , then from the drop down list Fix Integrity

Re your other questions:
Sims 2 objects can only have 2 subsets that can be mixed when selected; however if there is a third part, that can be included but will be constant for all the color options of the other two subsets e.g will always be the one type of glass you have chosen - clear glass. It is your decision which 2 subsets you want to have the choice with - the wood and fabric of this chair could be one subset (regroup to one in Milkshape 3D) and the glass could be the other if you would like various colors of glass e.g blue, green, grey, black, white.

Glass is slightly complicated - as you work on doing conversions that have a glass element, take a screen dump of the Material Definitions (TXMT) for use when adding glass or a specific color of glass. Alternatively I could gather some of mine and attach it here if you like. I think you will come a long way before you will find a glass texture image, so I could add that for you too. I recently made a chair and did a glass recolor request Studio Town Faux Dining Set - you could have a look at that to see how to add glass.

I have also uploaded a tutorial on converting objects Convertings Sims3 Objects to Sims2 that might also help you.

Hope this helps?
Good luck!

This helps me, a lot thank you xD

I still have some problems though, I tried to add glass edge and glass but it didn't appear like I want to but still function as dining chair or desk chair like so

[IMG][/IMG]

I wish to make it similar to living chair on the right side, and it's floating in the air, how do I fix the floating?
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots