Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 4:10 PM
Default Disable Maternity Wear
Hi! I'm looking for something that can turn off that whole change-into-hideous-outfit-after-I-just-dressed-you-just-because-you're-preggers thing. I didn't mind it before, but now I have a lot of custom and store content and decking out my Sims only to see them change to random clothes has become annoying. I play a lot of big families, so I'm almost always seeing some random mismatched outfit on my Sims, instead of what I had carefully planned out for them. Anyone can help?

Visit my YouTube channel, maybe? <3
https://www.youtube.com/user/MaxineAndrew
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 4:45 PM
Unfortunately, I think the only way to fix this is to edit the CC directly and change the flag that allows it to be maternity wear. You can use S3PE to edit the custom content and the Easy CASP Editor to change anything in the base game and EPs/SPs. It's really fairly simple to do, but if you need to change a lot of items then it could take some time.

EDIT: In S3PE, you'll find the flag you need to change by selecting the CASP entry, clicking the Grid button at the bottom, then going into 'ClothingCategory'. The flag is 'ValidForMaternity'.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 5:06 PM
Thanks for the tip about S3PE! It will certainly help when I want to disable specific clothing for maternity wear.

But... that's not exactly what I meant. I want the Sims to not change clothes unless I do it. Ever. When they're pregnant, I want them to wear the same clothing they wear when they're not pregnant (within reason).

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 5:39 PM Last edited by kikaimegami : 15th Feb 2015 at 5:52 PM.
Well, what I meant was that since the outfit you put them in isn't set to be valid for Maternity, it changes it to some random piece that is, so making the items valid would keep them from being changed when the pregnancy starts. (Though they wont have pregnancy morphs. I have no idea what effect that'll have, honestly).

The only thing I can think of that might work is a mod that just makes pregnancy not happen at all, but I doubt that's what you want (and I couldn't find one when searching just now ).

Of course I could be entirely wrong and someone's made a "slim pregnancy" mod that doesn't use the morphs or maternity wear, but I can't find any Hopefully someone else can chime in if they know of one.

EDIT: Also, I totally understand what you're saying, that you just don't want it changing at all and it's friggin annoying. I'm not trying to be difficult! It's just the game handling pregnancy has to be difficult
Forum Resident
#5 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 9:26 PM
I think if a Sim's maternity clothing isn't enabled with the pregnant morph, their body will be invisible during the pregnancy? Like if you have mods to allow teen pregnancy, but no teen maternity clothing. I hope you can find something!

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:36 AM
Thanks for the help!

And NRaas Story Progression can turn off pregnancy for one Sim or the whole town - so even if Try for Baby is done, and the jingle sounds, the Sims will still not get pregnant or give birth to a baby. I had that enabled for a while, and then I missed the whole pregnancy thing, so I turned it back on. I understand, I just wish the outfit choices were better and weren't different with every single pregnancy. :/

Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 3:53 AM
You could use Master Controller to create instant babies rather than do pregnancies. Or use a mod to shorten pregnancy, so at least you wouldn't have to look at the ugly maternity clothes for very long.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:37 PM
You could also check which of your clothes are Maternity wear. Right before your Sim gets pregnant, you just change her clothes to Maternity ones, and she'll keep wearing those!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 5:36 PM
Thanks! I'll make sure to do that.

Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 6:54 PM
Default Icon to identify maternity clothes in CAS?
Quote: Originally posted by pizza-appreciator
You could also check which of your clothes are Maternity wear. Right before your Sim gets pregnant, you just change her clothes to Maternity ones, and she'll keep wearing those!

Hi - your post is the closest thing I've found to what I'm looking for - hoping someone will know the answer! Has anyone created a mod that will put a CAS icon on clothing that has a pregnancy morph? I'm always changing my sim into something I THINK has a morph so I can take cute mama pics to hang on her wall, but she ends up looking ridiculous in whatever the game changed her into because I was wrong. I'd appreciate any input from anyone who still loves this game like I do!