Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 6:21 PM
Hi! I had a break from simming for a while and now I'm trying to get back to it, so I downloaded the latest version of SimPE (77.69.15). Not my first time with 77.69 in general, but I have a bit of a new problem tho - everything works great except closing files. I can open other files, save, make new files etc, but can't close. Neither File -> Close nor Ctrl + W works. It just gives me an error that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". If I click continue, it doesn't work and even if I open other files, resource list stays the same so I can't really do anything. If I click close, then, of course, SimPE closes, though sometimes it only gives me the option to continue, idk why (not that it makes a big difference lol). Error in spoiler:

I tried 75.69 (from this thread) and it closes files no problem, but I have to admit that my biggest reason for using 77.69 is the pink theme and I'm afraid I can't go back to grey I have this problem on both my PC and my laptop. It's an annoyance, not critical, but I would love some help!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#227 Old 6th Aug 2024 at 7:35 PM
Would it be possible to have object workshop ignore things like quotation marks and dashes when it's putting things in alphabetical order?
Scholar
#228 Old 10th Aug 2024 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by c0smodrom
Hi! I had a break from simming for a while and now I'm trying to get back to it, so I downloaded the latest version of SimPE (77.69.15). Not my first time with 77.69 in general, but I have a bit of a new problem tho - everything works great except closing files. I can open other files, save, make new files etc, but can't close. Neither File -> Close nor Ctrl + W works. It just gives me an error that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". If I click continue, it doesn't work and even if I open other files, resource list stays the same so I can't really do anything. If I click close, then, of course, SimPE closes, though sometimes it only gives me the option to continue, idk why (not that it makes a big difference lol).

I tried 75.69 (from this thread) and it closes files no problem, but I have to admit that my biggest reason for using 77.69 is the pink theme and I'm afraid I can't go back to grey I have this problem on both my PC and my laptop. It's an annoyance, not critical, but I would love some help!

You are right, there is (was) a problem, SimPE was testing if the current loaded file is a neighbourhood when there is no loaded file. Is fixed now.

Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Would it be possible to have object workshop ignore things like quotation marks and dashes when it's putting things in alphabetical order?

Yep, is done. There is an option to switch it off/on in preferences or Settings Manager as some users may be so used to the way it lists things they may prefer to keep it way it is.
Test Subject
#229 Old 14th Aug 2024 at 12:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
You are right, there is (was) a problem, SimPE was testing if the current loaded file is a neighbourhood when there is no loaded file. Is fixed now.

Thank you SO SO much Chris!! Can confirm, works great now
Mad Poster
#230 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 4:36 PM

Yep, is done. There is an option to switch it off/on in preferences or Settings Manager as some users may be so used to the way it lists things they may prefer to keep it way it is.

Thanks, I'll look for it. One more thing - I see that the animations have a text exporter for rotation values. Is it possible to reimport that txt file somehow? It'd make editing by hand easier.
Test Subject
#231 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 10:37 PM Last edited by Treehawk : 4th Sep 2024 at 11:14 PM.
That used to be part of the Advanced mode, now you can enable/disable it in Preferences or in Settings Manager.

I intend to obsolete Advanced mode completely as many of the things it enables are debug things and quite useless, instead if you create a User Id SimPE will run in creator mode which enables the good stuff but not the bad. Advanced mode will still be there but renamed to 'Debug Mode'.

Creating a UserID did not seem to work for me, as the Fences and Hood Deco, etc are still not showing up in Object Workshop. I'm using a no-install version of SimPE 0.77.69.16. I like all the upgrades so I'd hate to have to switch back to an old version to get the functionality back! Thanks.

Edit: I finally figured it out! You have to go into the "File Table" tab of Preferences/Settings Manager and then tick the box next to every single ".../Patterns" and ".../CANHObjects" line. And then save the preferences. I wish it was just a simple checkbox like it used to be, but hey, I'm just thankful for the program and that I finally got it working! Hooray!
Page 10 of 10