Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 4:32 AM
Autonomy on Monique's hacked computer
I'm using Chaavik's version of Monique's Hacked Computer but I dislike the disabled autonomy. Is there any way to make playing, blogging, etc. autonomous again? And would it be necessary to edit the main mod or would I need to edit each and every one of the hacked computers I have downloaded?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 6:44 AM
Autonomy can be disabled in the following ways:
1. Autonomy level set to other than 0x32 for that action in the TTAB resource.
2. Motives for that action and age group set to 0 in the TTAB.
3. That action being disabled for visitors also in TTAB.
4. In the guardian script with a check for param 0 being not equal to 0.

If the cloned computer comes with its own TTAB rather than sharing a semi-global one, then you need to edit it in that mod.

I can't access the Insimenator, even with a VPN, to check this mod.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 10:42 AM
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Aug 2024 at 11:10 AM
Those are standalone objects each where new actions have been added to the TTAB. For "Play" action 7 set autonomy level to 0x32. For Browse Web/Blog action B0 set autonomy level to 0x32 and set some motives, Fun: 4,14,14. You might also want to check the visitor box if you want them to do it. If you do it for one computer, you can extract the resource and import into the other computer varieties.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Aug 2024 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
Autonomy can be disabled in the following ways:
1. Autonomy level set to other than 0x32 for that action in the TTAB resource.
2. Motives for that action and age group set to 0 in the TTAB.
3. That action being disabled for visitors also in TTAB.
4. In the guardian script with a check for param 0 being not equal to 0.

If the cloned computer comes with its own TTAB rather than sharing a semi-global one, then you need to edit it in that mod.

I can't access the Insimenator, even with a VPN, to check this mod.

thank you so much for explaining! i had no idea it was in TTAB, i'm so glad i'm finally gonna be able to edit some stuff
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 4:11 AM
Those are standalone objects each where new actions have been added to the TTAB. For "Play" action 7 set autonomy level to 0x32. For Browse Web/Blog action B0 set autonomy level to 0x32 and set some motives, Fun: 4,14,14. You might also want to check the visitor box if you want them to do it. If you do it for one computer, you can extract the resource and import into the other computer varieties.

Just tried this (not without making a backup of my neighborhood and my cc computers first) and got this object error log from trying to use one of the computers i edited:

Build: 1.17.0.66
at Oct 11 2008,15:12:07

Object id: 1434
name: N001_User00619 - Tobias
Stack size: 3
Error: No stack object present when required.
Iterations: 0
Frame 2:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 3
Tree: id 4310 name 'Interaction - Assign to' version 0
from SIMPE_v2_FT.TAKAMQ.LAPTOP_[FFE5EF1B_2A16_45D1_A7CC_55F85778C0D9]_CRES
Prim state: 0
Params: 0 Locals: 0 128
Frame 1:
Node: 0
Tree: id -1 name 'No behavior' version 0
from
Prim state: 1
Params: Locals:
Frame 0:
Node: 0
Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 2
from TemplatePerson
Prim state: 0
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 2:50 PM
Maybe you edited something else, like the action 6B "Write.../Employee". Start over with the original MQTaka Laptop and do one step at a time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 6:32 PM
Maybe you edited something else, like the action 6B "Write.../Employee". Start over with the original MQTaka Laptop and do one step at a time.

thank you! it's working now! so, is it only ok to modify the play and and blog actions?
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 7:01 PM
You can modify others if it makes logical sense. "Assign to" is marked with "immediately" and is thus intended to be clicked on, which then triggers something happening later. Immediately means that the action itself is instant. You become an employee or whatever, and then are called up to do tasks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 5:14 AM
You can modify others if it makes logical sense. "Assign to" is marked with "immediately" and is thus intended to be clicked on, which then triggers something happening later. Immediately means that the action itself is instant. You become an employee or whatever, and then are called up to do tasks.

I understand. Thanks for clearing that up!