Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2024 at 7:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Routing / CAW-midpoint / Camera routing
Hello,

Firstly, I am attempting a quite thin, rectangular town/world. In creating this world, I have painted almost half of the map with the 'camera non-routable' routing paint. When I go into EIG, my first camera view becomes stuck somewhere in the 'camera non routable'- section of my map and I am stuck and cannot move around in map view. This is resolved by clicking on a lot (the camera then automatically moves there instead).

Is there a way to fix this? Is this going to be a problem when trying to play in this world?

I'm assuming that the camera starts in the middle of the map when you go into EIG just as it does when you open up the world in caw, but this is a problem since I have attempted to block that whole section with non-routable camera-paint.

I apogize in advance if I'm not articulating this well - this is not my first language and it's a complicated problem to explain

Help...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 1:36 PM
Interesting! I rarely use the yellow no camera paint so I haven't encountered this.

So, first question: is there a particular reason why you use it? Is there an area where you really don't want the camera to go in order to hide something? If the answer is no, then just remove it to solve the issue.

If you need the area blocked for the camera, maybe a fly-in can help when you have your final version. I have never fiddled with that either so I'm not 100% sure if the camera will jump to a fixed position either way. But as far as I understood you can determine the path the camera takes upon starting the world the first time which would also include the final position before it goes "life".

Also, very curious about this world now, maybe you feel like sharing some pictures or your progress?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Interesting! I rarely use the yellow no camera paint so I haven't encountered this.

So, first question: is there a particular reason why you use it? Is there an area where you really don't want the camera to go in order to hide something? If the answer is no, then just remove it to solve the issue.

If you need the area blocked for the camera, maybe a fly-in can help when you have your final version. I have never fiddled with that either so I'm not 100% sure if the camera will jump to a fixed position either way. But as far as I understood you can determine the path the camera takes upon starting the world the first time which would also include the final position before it goes "life".

Also, very curious about this world now, maybe you feel like sharing some pictures or your progress?

Well, I sort of imagined that the world would lag less if you routed so that every part of it that is not usable would be yellow... But maybe it's the blue paint that is most important? I could of course take away the yellow routing paint in the middle... that might solve this.

I would have no clue how to do the fly in-camera-thing, but I will definitely look into that, so thank you for that suggestion!!

The world is supposed to be oblong, and follow the shore and the mountains, I will insert pics although it is (as you will see) very much not finished Thank you so much for the help
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadamCaw
Well, I sort of imagined that the world would lag less if you routed so that every part of it that is not usable would be yellow... But maybe it's the blue paint that is most important? I could of course take away the yellow routing paint in the middle... that might solve this.

I would have no clue how to do the fly in-camera-thing, but I will definitely look into that, so thank you for that suggestion!!

The world is supposed to be oblong, and follow the shore and the mountains, I will insert pics although it is (as you will see) very much not finished Thank you so much for the help

I found that the blue non-routing paint is enough. The camera blocking paint is usually used to "hide" the world edges. But it can also cause problems with a stuck camera.

Your world looks very promising! I like the somewhat grungy look! Please keep us updated if you like
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 4:10 PM Last edited by MadamCaw : 13th Jul 2024 at 4:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
I found that the blue non-routing paint is enough. The camera blocking paint is usually used to "hide" the world edges. But it can also cause problems with a stuck camera.

Your world looks very promising! I like the somewhat grungy look! Please keep us updated if you like

Will try with more blue paint and less yellow and see if that fixes the problem!

Thanks! I am attempting a mystery small town vibe.. I'll post more here if you want, otherwise on tumblr or something
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jul 2024 at 3:08 PM
Yes, please do! I don't mind if it's here or on tumblr, whatever is more convenient for you.