Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 11:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to re-link Skip Broke in SimPE?
Hi all, I'm unsure if this is the correct spot for my question, but I wanted to ask this.

So I started up a new save of Pleasantview on my other laptop (not one geared solely for gaming), and I remembered that in the default hood templates, Brandi's unborn baby will come out as a clone unless you were to re-link Skip before it's born. I read how you could do that, but it was too basic and didn't go into detail, like "look where it says unlinkable, then change the x00 to a x01" or something along those lines, but for the life of me, I can't find where to do that. I know there's the clean templates from meetmetotheriver, but this save file is for non-serious gameplay, I'm already in a bit deep, and I like my townies and missing Bella as is. I'm also aware of the townie friendly clean template on MTS, but yeah, as I said, I'm already too deep in my gameplay, so I don't want to start all over lol.

So, could any of you tell me where exactly to go to change his file so he's no longer unlinked? Or am I just stupid and it's right in front of my face without realizing it lol?

TIA.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 12:14 AM
Nah, SimPE can be a bit intimidating at first, you're not stupid. Here's a step-by-step guide, at least in my version (0.75)-

1. Click tools (at the top), hover down to neighborhood, then neighborhood browser. This will bring up a list of neighborhoods, click Pleasantview.

2. Go back to tools, hover down to neighborhood, then Sim Browser. This will bring up a list of neighborhood sims.

3. If it's not checked already, check the "uneditable" checkbox- despite the name, you can edit these sims, it just means they're either dead or deleted.

4. Scroll down towards the very bottom- there's actually two versions of Skip Broke in a vanilla Pleasantview, but the one who is the father of Unborn Baby Broke (and is resurrectable) was made later. Click on him.

5. Go to the tab labelled "other." There should be three boxes, labelled "Ghost Flags," "Body Flags," and "Misc." Inside the "Misc." box, there should be a box labelled unlinked- if it's set to 0x0001, change the 1 to a 0. For some reason, if your computer is like my first laptop, and you can't see the text against the background of the box, the Misc. box is the one on the right, and the unlinked box is the one 6 down in the Misc. box.

6. There should be a box labelled commit. Press it.

7. You're done! You can now close SimPE. If it asks if you want to commit changes to the neighborhood package, say yes. Congratulations, Skip Broke now actually passes down his genetics. Plus, if Brandi, Dustin, or Beau gets a Resurrect-o-Nomitron or Genie Lamp, they can now resurrect him!

Justice for Viola Monty!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 1:54 AM Last edited by kiddypatches : 22nd Jun 2024 at 5:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Smefanye
Nah, SimPE can be a bit intimidating at first, you're not stupid. Here's a step-by-step guide, at least in my version (0.75)-

1. Click tools (at the top), hover down to neighborhood, then neighborhood browser. This will bring up a list of neighborhoods, click Pleasantview.

2. Go back to tools, hover down to neighborhood, then Sim Browser. This will bring up a list of neighborhood sims.

3. If it's not checked already, check the "uneditable" checkbox- despite the name, you can edit these sims, it just means they're either dead or deleted.

4. Scroll down towards the very bottom- there's actually two versions of Skip Broke in a vanilla Pleasantview, but the one who is the father of Unborn Baby Broke (and is resurrectable) was made later. Click on him.

5. Go to the tab labelled "other." There should be three boxes, labelled "Ghost Flags," "Body Flags," and "Misc." Inside the "Misc." box, there should be a box labelled unlinked- if it's set to 0x0001, change the 1 to a 0. For some reason, if your computer is like my first laptop, and you can't see the text against the background of the box, the Misc. box is the one on the right, and the unlinked box is the one 6 down in the Misc. box.

6. There should be a box labelled commit. Press it.

7. You're done! You can now close SimPE. If it asks if you want to commit changes to the neighborhood package, say yes. Congratulations, Skip Broke now actually passes down his genetics. Plus, if Brandi, Dustin, or Beau gets a Resurrect-o-Nomitron or Genie Lamp, they can now resurrect him!

Thanks so much!!! I'll try that when I get home later. I know some basics of SimPE like editing skin/eye colors, or messing with relationships and stuff, but with this I felt clueless lol.

UPDATE: It worked!!! Tysm!
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smefanye
For some reason, if your computer is like my first laptop, and you can't see the text against the background of the box, the Misc. box is the one on the right, and the unlinked box is the one 6 down in the Misc. box.
To fix this, just go to SimPE preferences and change the theme until the text is legible.

DJ. who?
opin suomea, kerro mulle vitsi DM:ssä (ja ole valmis selittämään se)