Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 4:40 PM Last edited by veronensis : 13th Jun 2024 at 6:19 PM.
Default How to bud up lots against each other?
Hi, I'm new to create a world, so sorry if this is really basic. I want to edit my world, so I can have lots budded up against each other, without space in between. Is this possible in CAW?

Edit: I'm trying and it seems to always keep one square between the lots.

Thanks for helping!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 6:00 PM
Yes, it is. You can either edit a current world, or make a new one in CAW. You can also add and move lots in the Edit World feature of the game, but in my experience it can sometimes cause some glitchy routing, so backup before trying anything!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 6:10 PM Last edited by veronensis : 13th Jun 2024 at 6:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Yes, it is. You can either edit a current world, or make a new one in CAW. You can also add and move lots in the Edit World feature of the game, but in my experience it can sometimes cause some glitchy routing, so backup before trying anything!

I'm sorry if I haven't been clear in my first post. I am already trying to bud up the lots against each other, but it won't let me. It keeps one square between the two lots. If I try to move it any closer the lines of the lot turn red. (I am trying to place the lots on an angle, right behind each other, no road, if that makes a difference)

edit: I just tried to place them perpendicular to the grid, to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't. It still forces me to keep one square in between the lots. any help would be greatly appreciated!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 6:32 PM
Oh I see what you're trying to do, no I think there must be a small space between the lots because the boundaries cannot share co-ordinates. If you look at Sunset Valley for example, you'll see that the lots behind others still have a small space.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 6:37 PM
Oh I see what you're trying to do, no I think there must be a small space between the lots because the boundaries cannot share co-ordinates. If you look at Sunset Valley for example, you'll see that the lots behind others still have a small space.

thank you. I was wondering if it was just my inexperience with caw, or if it was just not possible. It's a shame, because I have a palace lot and a garden lot that I would like to appear seamless. But than I will just have to live with it. I am glad this forum is still active and I got an answer so quick, so again, thanks a lot.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 6:41 PM
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, in a world I made I used terrain paint to make the lots look connected, so you might have some luck with that. Also you could put a footpath between lots, which can hide the gap and perhaps look like part of the lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 7:35 PM
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, in a world I made I used terrain paint to make the lots look connected, so you might have some luck with that. Also you could put a footpath between lots, which can hide the gap and perhaps look like part of the lot.

No you've been a great help. You saved me hours of thinking I was just doing something wrong with the tool, haha. I might try the terrain paint or the footpath suggestion. maybe it helps