Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:54 AM
Default Sneak EP Peaks in Reading Newspapers? (in-game)
I was playing the sims last night which was kind of fun. What I try to do is rad the newspaper everyday, just incase we have new arrivals.

So one the things that flashes up is about a child who was starring in the school play and they got a prize which included a University Scholarship... I am just wondering is this is a sign of something that is going to be in a future ep?

You know like in TS2 how there were opportunities relating to questions about things that later came into the game, like pets, adventurer careers etc.

What do people think and have any other opportunities popped up you think bode of things to come.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 12:04 PM
yeah the newspaper also occasionally mentions the island from Bon Voyage being voted the best tourist spot of whatever. I guess a vacation type expansion pack is a given seeing as there was one for both sims 1 & 2.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:18 PM
if you get your sim thow away good food, it says something about there are staving children in strange town, maybe a new town will be added soon
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:33 PM
after my sim shared cooking tips, it said 'too bad we didn't video tape' the discussion, we cold have showed it on a cooking show. I thought that was a hint of an EP where movies, cooking, news, etc could be created and viewed in-game by the sims
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 9:36 PM
It may also have been a hint that you can record things in your game and drop them into the custom channel to view on TV.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 11:03 PM
Thats true DarkLolita, because you can infact do that.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
my guess is at the very least we will see an "university, open for business, vacation, pets, and probably a seasons" types of expansions plus others..
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:54 PM
i saw something about Strangetown as well, in an opportunity, just don't remember wich. if we're getting it later, i'll be thrilled *-*

hm, it's very possible that we're getting expansions that are remakes of the other games, like pets, bon voyage and seasons. i just expect that these get improved, like, moar pets in a 'pets' EP, moar hobbies and related object meshes in a 'free time' EP and so on.
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeetleJuice
my guess is at the very least we will see an "university, open for business, vacation, pets, and probably a seasons" types of expansions plus others..

god i hope so..i miss pets and seasons so much. It would be wicked cool if they made like a airport for vacation and showed the airplane flying to like an island or something.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 8:41 AM
If we get strangetown that would suggest to me that Aliens and male pregnancies will be making a come. As they were intregal themes to Strange Town which is exciting. Also they could work in the university and nightlife style packs with that I believe.

It would be nice to actually be able to have Sims move between the towns as well. But I think that could get confusing. But it would be nice to have the decendants of a legacy actually move to a differnt town and still be playable.