Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 7:58 AM
Default The family tree challenge
In this challenge it is pretty straight forward. You start off with two sims, that are married they can be the same gender as each other or different. In this challenge you must play at least 5 generations, you must have aging on but its up to you what lifespan you want. You must have at least 2 children per generation and then one of your children can be the heir, you can make it the oldest son/daughter or you can just pick your favourite, up to you. The sims can have any traits or aspirations they want however remember this challenge is based on family. If a divorce were to happen between the two founding sims you can choose who to control but if it happens in a later generation it has to be the heir who you control. You can move in other family members when you start for example grandparents, aunts, uncles and siblings. Now the proper rules

1) You need to have a designated family day that has to be on either Saturday and Sunday.
2) The parents must have a day to themselves every week or two.
3) There also must be a day for skill building and aspirations.
4) You can take vacations whenever you like as long as you have outdoor retreat.
5) Lifespan can be on whatever length as long as aging is on.
6) Only one parent can work and the other can only earn money by painting, writing, fishing, gardening, etc.
7) Divorce means you can choose which person to follow from the split as long asits the first generation but if its the second you need to follow the heir.
8) If your heir seperates from a marriage and has a child he/she will need to have another since there is only one child. If you remarry and you already have two kids you don't need to have another two with your new partner.

Please enjoy and if you have any feedback or ways to improve please comment.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 4:32 PM
This challenge is awesome! I started it a while ago. The founders were both gardeners and they had a boy and a girl. The boy became the heir and a politician (I had just gotten CL) and married his childhood friend, who became a self employed painter. They had a girl and a boy, but the boy was actually Penny Pizazz (long story) and got disowned and sent to a boarding school, so the girl will be heir. I was going to do heir based on unique hair color (i.e.: blue, turquoise) but both parents of gen 2 had unique hair color so I'm going with first born. The founders recently died of old age, less than 2 hours apart. I played for one day after, then suddenly tired of TS4 and returned to TS3. Check out their plum tree: https://app.theplumtreeapp.com/publ...4fd04b20a726f92
And a similar challenge I wrote: http://www.www6.modthesims.info/arc...p?t-577430.html
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 6:43 AM
Default Thanks, love this!
Love the sound of this...and it was posted on my bday so now I Have to try it!!! Thanks!!