Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2024 at 2:32 PM
Exporting "puddle" to make it a buyable object
Hi! I'm trying to export the "puddle" using SimPE to create a buyable object, because I really love the mopping animation in the game and it satisfies my wish to have my sims do more realistic house cleaning chores. Hence I want to be able to put puddles anywhere I want so that I can have my sim mop the floors for a while.

I tried exporting / cloning the puddle, it shows up in the catalogue without a thumbnail preview and when I place it and go to the live mod, no visible puddle appears but my sim still goes and mops that square. But I can't click on that invisible puddle and direct them to mop, they either do it autonomously or they don't; and not seeing the puddle is not what I want either.

There's the object "Puddles of Blood" by gwillewyn; I tried to understand how that creator managed to export the puddle correctly. I can change the colour of the blood puddle to blue water, but unfortunately the object gives an error every time a sim tries to mop it because an animation string is missing a name or something like that; so it's not really usable.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong when I'm trying to export the puddle to make it a buyable object?
Thanks!