Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 12:29 PM
Default Where to find high quality textures in Sim Pe (Glasses, hair, hats, facial hair, stuble)
I have found this before and I am aware it is in Sim Pe but I can not remember how too find them, I found this for my facial hair recolor however I am having issues finding these high quality textures. Do you mind helping me and telling where these are?

I'm looking around the forum and I can't find anything about it,

Yes I've done the typical search for the textures but I can't tell if I'm misremembering or looking in the wrong areas?

While yes my body shop gives me high quality textures However when it comes too things like facial hair I need to know where these high quality textures are stored.

If there's already a thread about it then Link me and I'll close these thread.

Thank you for being an awesome set of people and modders just looking for a little support on how too find these.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Aug 2024 at 1:55 PM
They're called LIFO. They look much like TXTRs when you open them up in SimPE. You'll find the 512x512 and 1024x1024 textures in those files.

You can either open the files directly from whichever game you want to open from (I do suggest you copy the file, as it is too easy to accidentally make changes to them). The texture files are in the "[Install folder]\[individual game path]\...\TSData\Res\3D" locations. Texture files tend to be in the larger ones. Not all items have LIFOs, and some appear to be broken when viewed in SimPE (can sometimes be "fixed" with a white alpha, so you get the full texture, see below - in those cases you may need to get the alpha from Bodyshop or a different recolor).

If you know part of the name of the texture, you can use the Finder with "Name Map Search" for Type (I prefer using "Contains [match]" for Match, but the others work as well). Both TXTRs and LIFOs show up, along with other resources.

- You can extract the alpha by right-clicking the texture (extract alpha).
- You can extract the full texture minus alpha by having a white texture in the same size as the texture, replacing the alpha with this one (right-click/replace alpha), and save the texture without saving/committing the file (!). Close the file without saving (!).