e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#226 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 4:47 PM
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#227 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample

This looks a bit more promising. Although, I hope there is more reason why the evil person gets gifts. I'm just not sure how anything relates to traits at all. I don't think it matters much. You just do "evil" interactions to unlock more evil ones.

In TS3, an evil person would get along with other evil ones, depending on what their other traits are and what interactions there were.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#228 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
This looks a bit more promising. Although, I hope there is more reason why the evil person gets gifts.

If you notice when the city statistics (karma report) is shown, you can see that the zois in the city are turning nasty with bad reputations. So maybe they are sending her gifts because she is their hero (the most evil one amongst a city of evil zois). So a fair consequence of having such a horrible city- nasty environments make for nasty zois!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#229 Old 30th Aug 2024 at 9:08 PM
If you notice when the city statistics (karma report) is shown, you can see that the zois in the city are turning nasty with bad reputations. So maybe they are sending her gifts because she is their hero (the most evil one amongst a city of evil zois). So a fair consequence of having such a horrible city- nasty environments make for nasty zois!

Yeah, I'm still not sure I understand how this karma stuff works, especially on the world level. If she had kept the city karma more positive, that wouldn't happen?
Alchemist
#230 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 3:14 AM
I'm pretty sure they'll be listening to the feedback, as all of the playtesters I've watched have been noticing the lack of depth. In this video, for example, it shows how a relationship breaks down but the zois don't seem to react at all to each other unless directed (and are happy to share a meal together after arguing). Also how the messaging is unilateral and automatic. Baby interactions are a bit minimal too. But they have time to work on all this, and seem to be making progress (I've noticed differences from the early release).
(You'll need to go to Youtube to watch this one sorry):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osy_4ZKmcZA

I'll watch the video. It won't likely change my mind on getting it though. There's no depth in TS4. And it looks cartoony graphically. Some people prefer that and that's ok. But I can ignore some depth for some pretty graphics that I thought TS4 would have. Again personal preference. Anything will be better than than TS4. TS4 was a step backward.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#231 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 9:58 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#232 Old 31st Aug 2024 at 10:39 PM
Another gameplay video:

I have no idea how they did this:
Mad Poster
#233 Old 7th Sep 2024 at 8:51 PM
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=VLtkBTxTI65qNTra&v=aApSteSbeGA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=VLtk...eature=youtu.be (Dunno how to post as a video player)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#234 Old 7th Sep 2024 at 9:26 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix That is very cool! They showed interaction between child and toddler too, I don't think I saw that yet. It looks so good, I hope they can make the family gameplay good enough to warrant the magnitude of the worlds.

(To post video player embedded you use the [youtube] [ /youtube] tags and put the video ID only inbetween).
Test Subject
#235 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 4:10 AM
Something doesn't look right with Toddlers. I think they look creepy.

Inventor
#236 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 2:17 PM
The second one is not all that disquieting but the first one certainly is.

- The bright eyes. As soon as you use them in a Sim, you have a problem. It takes a lot of work to make the face around them seem normal.
- The slight smile is even more disturbing: "I know where the knife is!"
Field Researcher
#237 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 5:57 PM
When drawing babies/toddlers, big foreheads and smaller faces are important, but they can't be TOO small. I think that's what's wrong.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#238 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 8:55 PM
They are reminiscent of these:

From what I've seen there doesn't seem to be a lot to do with babies and toddlers yet in the game, I hope they continue to improve this because having these ages from basegame is good!
Screenshots
Inventor
#239 Old 8th Sep 2024 at 11:06 PM
They are reminiscent of these ...

That's a great comparison. Maybe they should try studying real toddlers for a change.
Field Researcher
#240 Old Yesterday at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
That's a great comparison. Maybe they should try studying real toddlers for a change.

Babies that I know don't look like inzoi toddlers for sure. Do you think the inzoi model proportions better match this picture? This is obviously a shutterstock picture which may have been cherry-picked to match a cultural ideal.
Scholar
#241 Old Yesterday at 2:01 PM
The system requirements for this game are from the future. Is it multiplayer only? I see that an Internet connection is among the requirements.
Field Researcher
#242 Old Yesterday at 2:37 PM
It's believed it needs an internet connection because the game uses generative AI. People have been debating if it's a local generative AI or the usual generative AI, but the internet connection thing definitely kinda seems like the usual generative AI.

The specs aren't too far our there imo. Pretty typical of modern games these days.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#243 Old Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kirabook
It's believed it needs an internet connection because the game uses generative AI. People have been debating if it's a local generative AI or the usual generative AI, but the internet connection thing definitely kinda seems like the usual generative AI.

I just read this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeSimula...omments/1fcphn6

Dunno if that means anything, I have no idea about AI!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#244 Old Today at 2:18 AM
Interesting. I had been speculating with someone on reddit that the only ethical way to use generative AI would be to use their own data and assets to feed it. In turn, this would make the AI less accurate than the ones you'd typically use on the web (because they used a bunch of stolen data to feed their systems, making them more accurate)

It's nice to hear that it seems Krafton is using their generative AI system ethically even if it makes the output less usable. Potentially with players permission ,they could feed the AI instead and eventually make it more accurate (though that can still lead to issues because people will definitely just steal from the internet to upload to their system, but at least it's not widely scraping the web)
Field Researcher
#245 Old Today at 7:04 AM
I am glad they have made this explicit. I know this will be helpful to a great many people but honestly, I think there's a section of gamers who read the term AI and a red mist descends and logic leaves the building.
Theorist
#246 Old Today at 9:21 AM
AI stuff aside, Krafton is still hiding behind their "We don't know how this game is being monetized" wall.

Another reason for requiring a internet connection would be so people can waste their money on micro transactions. Until they prove otherwise, there is no reason to think this won't happen as every game Krafton has published thus so far is a haven for micro transactions.

I'm not convinced they haven't seen these conversations all over the place and yet they continue to play like they're "deaf". If they didn't have anything 'to hide' this should have been addressed a long time ago.

Dazzle the masses with BS; they won't suspect a thing. Long time sims players already know how this works. EA uses the same play book.
Page 10 of 10