Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old Today at 5:17 AM
Default n00b alert - How do I turn the camera?
Started playing Sims 4 for the first time last night and can't figure out how to rotate or turn the camera so I can see what's happening with a sim or on the other side of the lot. Turned on Sims 3 camera mode, but that didn't help. What I really need is the little controls in the lower left-hand corner of the UI that's been present in Sims 1, 2, and 3. Everything else I can get used to, but this one is the toughest change going from a previous game to a newer game.

Also, the infants are cute and I want to see what they're doing. :p

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old Today at 7:08 AM
Hold down cntrl and use your mouse wheel, the middlen button and kets that zoom up and out. The gane has tutorial on that so you can enable it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old Today at 11:18 AM
Thank you ~ I did have Emily turned on and was anticipating a full-on tutorial explanation of everything like in Sims 2 and 3 (which I bypassed in those games, LOL), but didn't see anything. Ironically, I think the "Rotate Camera" buttons in the camera menu are what I need, though I swear they weren't functioning the way I wanted them to before. I also changed the game's resolution so I'm able to see everyone and everything better. Think I will stick with Sims 3 camera for awhile, since I can use the middle mouse button to tilt the camera and see things from all angles.

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!