Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2012 at 11:18 PM
Mods not working no matter what I do
Ok, so I'm having quite a lot of trouble installing mods on TSM.

I have both TSM and P&N patched to 2.0.113 (the newest patch). I've created the mods folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval" and inside the mod folder placed a packages folder. Adding to that, I've also placed the resources.cfg in the same folder as the mods folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval). I then went to "commands.ini" and enabled cheat debugging. I have also replaced d3dx9_31.dll in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin".

To test out if I could use mods, I downloaded "Grim's Medieval Core" (GrimsMedievalCore_V_2_0_13_beta.zip) and placed it inside the packages folder. I booted up TSM and the menu for that mod was not inside the settings where it should be. I also tried a no intro mod and that didn't work either.

I thought because I have P&N I had to place the mods folder into the P&N install directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles" but again that has done nothing.

How would I go about fixing this so I can use mods? I've thought of everything I can do
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 4:32 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 28th Oct 2012 at 4:44 AM.
Can you restore your commands.ini to its original state and see if that makes a difference?
(they don't go in the P&N folder, the paths you've written out are correct)

Did you download the resource file and the dll from this medieval forum?

If restoring the .ini file doesn't fix the problem, can you download this file and tell me if you still see zz's when a sim sleeps...(the file is just a very small texture change, nothing more, it should help pinpoint which part of the set up is at fault, whether it's one part or all of it.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 12:13 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply but I found my answer. I named the resource file "resources.cfg" when it should of been "resource.cfg". I downloaded the resource file from this website and all it wanted to do was change the name of it and that fixed it. Thanks for putting up with my stupidity anyways
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KnockerDolt
Hi, thanks for the reply but I found my answer. I named the resource file "resources.cfg" when it should of been "resource.cfg". I downloaded the resource file from this website and all it wanted to do was change the name of it and that fixed it. Thanks for putting up with my stupidity anyways

lol I saw you said resources in your original post, but figured it was a typo :P

Glad you got it fixed.
Test Subject
#5 Old Today at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Can you restore your commands.ini to its original state and see if that makes a difference?
(they don't go in the P&N folder, the paths you've written out are correct)

Did you download the resource file and the dll from this medieval forum?

If restoring the .ini file doesn't fix the problem, can you download this file and tell me if you still see zz's when a sim sleeps...(the file is just a very small texture change, nothing more, it should help pinpoint which part of the set up is at fault, whether it's one part or all of it.)

I have the same problem, but I haven't changed the name of the resource file. I downloaded the d3dx9_31.dll file and placed it in the bin folder. I placed the resource file in The Sims Medieval folder. I have created a Mods folder and inside it a Packages folder. Inside the Packages folder, I have placed the TSM-NoIntro mod. I have tried everything.