Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Jul 2024 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thornowl
can't provide technical help better than ladysmoks and cardinalsims have already done, but i felt like pointing out that the least painful way of making a transmasc sim is to make a male sim and use custom body sliders to make shoulders smaller/hips wider/etc. for faces you don't even need custom sliders, just skill lol. my femboy sim (who you can see in all of my uploads) doesn't use custom facial sliders

by the way, even if you edit the skintone, the default nude top will always have meshed breasts even at min breasts slider, and there are split edges along the bottom of them to define them even more. and even if you make an edit, you'd still have to rely on specific cc for actual clothing, because most available tops also have textures with boob shadows drawn/baked on them.. idk, if i were you i wouldn't bother

Yeah, I made a sim like this before years back when I last played the game. It was my plan B in case this project didn't work out, but I'm in too deep at this point, and now I want to actually get this accomplished, lol. And getting rid of the shading and creasing the game causes by itself is exactly what we're trying to tackle right now. The thread is getting the length of a novel at this point.

Quote: Originally posted by Ladysmoks
When you say "maps", you mean normals maps? Everything is in the additional files on Skininator downloads. At top, name your skin. Skin colors, "default" is the 3 basic EA skin tones, so check that. You can add custom tones at the bottom, but don't bother on your first try. Then, back to the top, you see different age groups/ genders. You do NOT have to do every one of them. If you are making a custom skin that is only for young adult/ adult females, then only bother with that. YA female uses most of the same as adult. Face is different, because EA adds light face lines to adults with different face normals map. If you do not want your adults to have light wrinkles, use the young adult face normal for adult.

No, I just didn't see anything called maps, but I understand now that you're talking about the DDS files included in the addtional folders (I did download all the additional files for Skinonator). I just didn't know those were called maps, lol

I think I'm mostly getting it now. Just 2 quick questions still:
1. I can't find anything called "cuteness" or "cleavage" in any of the files. So did I not download it or somehting or is it some other part of Skinonator? (Included a screenshot of the files I'm looking at jic)
2. I'm probably just overthinking here, but when I open a .package with Skinonator, what exactly am I loading? I tried opening VP's skin, but no ramp or thumbnail, or anything else shows up. Just the name at the top. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peepeevs
No, I just didn't see anything called maps, but I understand now that you're talking about the DDS files included in the addtional folders (I did download all the additional files for Skinonator). I just didn't know those were called maps, lol

I think I'm mostly getting it now. Just 2 quick questions still:
1. I can't find anything called "cuteness" or "cleavage" in any of the files. So did I not download it or somehting or is it some other part of Skinonator? (Included a screenshot of the files I'm looking at jic)
2. I'm probably just overthinking here, but when I open a .package with Skinonator, what exactly am I loading? I tried opening VP's skin, but no ramp or thumbnail, or anything else shows up. Just the name at the top. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Yea, terminology is just one of those thing that I forget about, when trying to help a nube. ))) It only gets worse if you start meshing, since "normals" is also the word used regarding mesh faces and texture display on the mesh.

"Cuteness" and "cleavage" are more of those things that I have had sitting around in my work templates folder for so long, I forgot they aren't in Cmar's folders. They are in DeltaBuild2. You won't need cleavage for a skin that is removing breast detail. Cuteness is what EA calls the muscle slider normals map, and is needed for the slider to work. If you open DeltaBuild2, just be careful not to change anything, and save the imgs to a folder so you can use them again if you want.

If you have the "flat chested" package, THAT is not a skin. It's a flat chest mesh. Skininator doesn't open anything other than skin packages.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Instructor
#28 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 12:36 AM
As I'm not experienced with Skininator, I'll leave that part to LadySmoks from here, but I will add to the clarification-

The intended result here is to use the non-default skin you make WITH VenusPrincess' flat chested top. The latter is not and does not contain a skin.
Flat mesh + skin with no cleavage details = a sim whose 3D body is physically flat with no unwanted 2D shadows on their skintone.

I'll poke my head back in if there are more texture editing specific questions
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 9:07 AM Last edited by peepeevs : 25th Jul 2024 at 10:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Cardinalsims
As I'm not experienced with Skininator, I'll leave that part to LadySmoks from here

Ok, thank you for all the help so far. Hopefully I'll be able to sow off a good result at the end.

Quote: Originally posted by Ladysmoks
"Cuteness" and "cleavage" are more of those things that I have had sitting around in my work templates folder for so long, I forgot they aren't in Cmar's folders. They are in DeltaBuild2. You won't need cleavage for a skin that is removing breast detail. Cuteness is what EA calls the muscle slider normals map, and is needed for the slider to work. If you open DeltaBuild2, just be careful not to change anything, and save the imgs to a folder so you can use them again if you want.

Quote: Originally posted by Cardinalsims
The intended result here is to use the non-default skin you make WITH VenusPrincess' flat chested top. The latter is not and does not contain a skin.
Flat mesh + skin with no cleavage details = a sim whose 3D body is physically flat with no unwanted 2D shadows on their skintone.

A quick note; I wanted to try and ask a few questions about these things again, but then while writing it I actually petty much figured everything out. Lol. Writing down your thoughts really helps sometimes

I think I get the process now, so let me try and summrise it real quick. Please correct where I'm wrong:

1. Get the maps as shown in the screenshot I attached
2. Edit these maps in GIMP (removing the shades and lines)
3. Create a new skin in Skinonator (we do not use VP's package at all here)
4. Leave all parts of the new skin blank, except for Female Body muscle and Female Body normal, which we will fill in with our new editied maps
5. Generate new skin as .package; put the . package in the Mods folder
6. Be happy and jump for joy

Btw, do we actually need VP's package at all? I guess the only thing I'm still foggy on is how we use that. You guys say to use them along side each other, but if I generate a new skin, I'm just using that right? How am I supposed to use them along side each other? We got just got 2 different skins then, right? I can't give a sim 2 skins in-game... Do I merge the packages or something?
Screenshots
Instructor
#30 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 10:08 AM
Btw, do we actually need VP's package at all? I guess the only thing I'm still foggy on is how we use that. You guys say to use them along side each other, but if I generate a new skin, I'm just using that right? How am I supposed to use them along side each other? We got just got 2 different skins then, right? I can't give a sim 2 skins in-game... Do I merge the packages or something?

VP's flat mesh is a top in the literal sense, a piece of clothing technically. Your sim can 'wear' it when they are shirtless or naked by selecting it in CAS as their top (best combined with a mod that allows you to edit the Naked outfit, like MasterController or XCAS).
Rather than being a part of what you're making, you can simply have that package installed as well. They're to be used together in-game by applying the skin and then wearing the top
Inventor
#31 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 5:38 PM
Ok, thank you for all the help so far. Hopefully I'll be able to sow off a good result at the end.

A quick note; I wanted to try and ask a few questions about these things again, but then while writing it I actually petty much figured everything out. Lol. Writing down your thoughts really helps sometimes

I think I get the process now, so let me try and summrise it real quick. Please correct where I'm wrong:

1. Get the maps as shown in the screenshot I attached
2. Edit these maps in GIMP (removing the shades and lines)
3. Create a new skin in Skinonator (we do not use VP's package at all here)
4. Leave all parts of the new skin blank, except for Female Body muscle and Female Body normal, which we will fill in with our new editied maps
5. Generate new skin as .package; put the . package in the Mods folder
6. Be happy and jump for joy

OK... You are misunderstanding things. You have VP's flat chest top. THAT is just a top, as CardinalSims and I have said. You need that CAS part if you want your Sim to NOT have breasts. It is a CAS part that you choose for that Sim, just like any other top. Again, as CardinalSims said, you need another mod, that allows you to edit your Sim's naked outfit. I have Nraas Master Controller with cheats module.

To make skins that do not show breast shading, you need both, the afBody_m (pink) and afBodyDark_m (green) body textures, which can be found in the Skininator folders. Those, you will need to repaint to remove breast detail. You also need afFace textures, pink and green. IF you wish to include normals maps, yes, you will need to remove breast detail from those as well. Easiest way is to use the circle outline tool around the breast detail, and use Gauassian blur until the lines are gone.You will also need to make a copy of the base af normals map, and blur the breasts on that as well.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Jul 2024 at 7:40 PM
Ok, I think I get it now. I'm just gonna try to do it, and I'll just see where I land. I'll post here again if something comes up
Page 2 of 2