Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 5:32 AM
Default How can I organize the lots in my library?
I have a bunch of community lots saved to my library (and houses of different styles) and I want all the lots (or houses) of the same type to show up next to each other. How can I achieve this?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 6:30 AM
By saving them to the library in the same order you want them to show up. The library is sorted chronologically.
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 2:43 AM
By naming them how you want them to appear and sorting by name
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 5:29 AM
OK, that's doable.

Smidgen, do you mean naming them in Edit Town or somewhere else like S3PE?
Instructor
#5 Old 25th Jun 2024 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SchrodingersMinou
OK, that's doable.

Smidgen, do you mean naming them in Edit Town or somewhere else like S3PE?

I edit my lot names by extracting the package file from the Library folder in the The Sims 3 folder. This can be a bit tricky as all the lots in the Library folder have a ridiculously long number code, despite naming the lots in Edit Town. So when I create, or place, a new lot I always extract the last few numbered package files from my Library folder, sorting by Date Modified is your friend here! When I place/create a lot (ultimately saving it to the Library folder) I note the date, time and lot name, this makes it easier to work out what lot is what. I open the package in S3PE to check that it's the correct lot, just by looking at the image, and rename the ridiculously long code to the require name I want.

You can then organise your lots however you like, and when sorted by name it makes it simple to transfer lots around if you have various Sims 3 folders for specific worlds/gameplay etc or seasons. Whether it be by lot creator name, season style, community, residential, I find this works for me.