3 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old Today at 12:35 AM Last edited by purplewowies : Today at 12:52 AM.
...So, I've made a breakthrough on the Level 1 iff but don't completely understand why. XD (I examined the final game's tutorial, noticed something about how it's assigning the stack object, implemented it in MY object, went from the stack object not being a person (usually being a tree on the lot) to the stack object being a person but getting lost (and/or set to 0 but not by any of my code that I remember or know of) halfway through a BHAV to adding extra "assign the stack object" lines (but not to the whole BHAV that was encountering the issue) and then getting the entire "is Ross happy?" function to just... work?)

I don't quite know why what I did worked (or at least why it worked for the entire BHAV when I only had it re-make him the stack object for the next two checks--I suspect something else is going on that I should make look around and try to find). But! I've never gotten it to show me this dialog before! Yay!

More investigation is needed (in part because the only thing I'm sure ran correctly is the one BHAV because Ross was so happy already, in part because the object still needs a lot of work anyway, and in part because even when it's done I want to test it in actual practice rather than on an empty lot with a test Sim XD). (EDIT: Well. Ross WAS happy. I forgot I had the game running while I wrote and posted this and then ate dinner... I came back and he was but a tombstone! )

But have the basegame compatible (functional this time) coffee table as a celebration, lol http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4946942/ (It's only tangentially related to the beta-match objects topic because it's just a downgrade of the Hot Date table (I haven't changed the price or catalog entry). I am going to pretend this is on purpose for differentiation purposes from the "behavior match" version and not because I had a weird problem in the middle of doing it (Edith/basegame throwing C++ errors when loading objects, object loaded and worked fine if I ignored them all) and just decided after reverting to the file with the old strings that it was fine just being a basegame conversion instead of doing it again. XP XD)

...But the main point of this post was to be very excited about managing to get something in Level 1 to work.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old Today at 5:27 AM
MIDNIGHT DOWNLOAD:

ImageSourceCommentsAuthorDownload
trash1.iffThis one is straight-up proto-core, as its sprites sample some old graphics for the "can of beans" meal. But otherwise it is consistent to the rest of the game world to an OK degree, and it's canonically cheaper than the original base game trash can. Why wouldn't you buy it? §§§§ LUCPIXlpx_1998_trashcan.zip

Quote: Originally posted by purplewowies
...So, I've made a breakthrough on the Level 1 iff but don't completely understand why. XD [...]

Wow I'm happy for you! It's basically very adequate that it looks like nothing will ever be achieved in the context of getting this thing to work without tons of happy little Accidents... Sooner than you think you'll make some sense of all these errors and rebuild the scenario house in high fidelity using the conversions! Who knows it also contributes to facilitate the process of creating new fanmade scenarios from scratch just for the hell of it =) And thanks for the new, accessible (& nerfed) coffee table!
Screenshots
Attached Images

PIAZZI ROCKS
(so do you)
https://www.youtube.com/LUCPIX
Page 3 of 3