Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 5:02 PM
I'll probably give it a go, although I am not expecting much. So long as it's free, that is. I mean, I'm always curious about Sims titles, even though there have been many that have disappointed me. I still remember the sense of wonder that came with Sims 1 and I think that just hasn't ever burned out for me.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 24th Jun 2024 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sarahleigh81
Say what? They did that twenty years ago. It was called The Sims Online and it was generally considered a failure.

They keep trying. They never stopped trying to make a successful version of The Sims Online. It's like how they put all their chickens on the Urbz being a hit... So much so that they literally rushed out two entire console games (that turned out to be better) to keep up the hype through the delays... From the very start EA's influence and expectations from this series have been nonsensical.
Alchemist
#28 Old 4th Jul 2024 at 2:54 PM
It's free so why wouldn't I try it? I'm not expecting to like it, but who knows?
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Jul 2024 at 6:09 PM
Once I can, I'll sail the seven seas to get it. Yo ho.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Jul 2024 at 3:29 PM
Maybe in TS5, sims will be cleaning dishes in the toilet bowl while angry poo is not flushed, dare you encounter such bug if all vacabt faucets get broken. Or maybe with the swimming pool (less disgusting possibilityh, once theiy’re patched in ofc (sacrifised made so Sims can get mad while cooking as a revolutionary feature)

Smarter Sims and Intuitive Physics be the motto.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th Jul 2024 at 9:30 PM Last edited by HarVee : 12th Jul 2024 at 9:59 PM.
If this free-to-play thing is real (I haven't been keeping up with the news much), I'll be skipping it. I don't like the ftp model and I simply won't support it. I'd rather spend money and get a full pack than spend money on an individual item.

Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
Unless somehow Will Wright comes back, or anyone who actually cares about the Sims and its longtime fans, I don't have high hopes for 5.

Wright doesn't care about the sims anymore, he hasn't cared about the series since the University EP for TS2, which was the last time iirc that he was directly involved in development for the series. Have you ever noticed that when you watch interviews and such with Wright and The Sims comes up he talks about it more in a philosophical view? That's because Wright isn't a gamer, nor a simmer. He simply uses video games to test out ideas he has. Some of his ideas (SimCity, The Sims) turned out the commercial successes, while other ideas (Spore) were commercial failures.

Most (all?) the OG game designers and musicians that worked together to make Wright's ideas a reality have either left or been sacked long ago. They aren't going to come back to a company that more-or-less gave them the middle finger in the end, at least not the smart ones.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#32 Old 17th Jul 2024 at 3:29 PM
I'll wait for the reviews, especially LGR's, but I will try it. I didn't start playing Sims 4 until 2018, I think, because it was originally so ridiculously limited I've been playing Maxis games almost my entire life (since SimCity 2000), so even knowing Maxis is no longer Maxis I can't help but give them a shot.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 12:20 AM
For a 2014 game, there should been no reason for such limitations. Somebody on instagram, under LoveStruck trailer video, they defended Maxis insinting on some economic/pandemic/crisis bullshit why Sims Team couldn’t deliver what we asked. I get where the person with empathy is coming from, but if we gonna appease (appeal?) to feeling pity and just accept that “making games ain’t easy / super hard, so we’ll eat it up like burned/unseasoned staks” we may as well stick to mediocore DLC and not switch to orher game, even if competition like Paralives/Inzoi manage to prove us that said bullshit is leading us nowhere.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 1:05 AM
Making video games is insanely difficult, but watching multi billion dollar companies cry poor is laughable. We watch them try to sell as little content for as much as possible with 4, so I expect nothing less from 5.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 12:21 PM
The said person said we shouldnt expect Love Strucks features be patched in because somewhat it cuts down developers salary “the team deserves to be paid” and the person is happy that their RL hairstyle was implemented.

With the voices of said fans, its no wonder why partly the franchise is doomed, lol.

Theorist
#36 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
For a 2014 game, there should been no reason for such limitations. Somebody on instagram, under LoveStruck trailer video, they defended Maxis insinting on some economic/pandemic/crisis bullshit why Sims Team couldn’t deliver what we asked. I get where the person with empathy is coming from, but if we gonna appease (appeal?) to feeling pity and just accept that “making games ain’t easy / super hard, so we’ll eat it up like burned/unseasoned staks” we may as well stick to mediocore DLC and not switch to orher game, even if competition like Paralives/Inzoi manage to prove us that said bullshit is leading us nowhere.

If that's the excuse, I've got a newsflash for that person. Covid hasn't / isn't going away. This is coming from a person that has Covid at the moment because somebody brought the creeping crud home. Where did the crap come from? Can't walk into any store without somebody hacking up a lung all over themselves, everybody (and everything) around them. Not talking about children here; these are adults acting this way.

The pandemic didn't keep Andrew Wilson from getting a million-plus dollar bonuses. The pandemic didn't force Maxis to make decision that suddenly game packs are expansion packs and so on.

There will always be people that will defend Maxis / EA no matter what they do. If they want to die on that hill, they're allowed to do that. However, all a person has to do is look at the state of TS4 to see how well all the empathy worked out. If the My Wedding Stories live stream didn't clue people in on how little care is going into this game, I don't know what will.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Jul 2024 at 1:29 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Jul 2024 at 9:20 PM.
Even before pandemic, not was much dfferent. The base game was bare, and we were given party items and lousy single new world to walk in for a gamepack. If somebody wants to feel pity for a game that encourafes players to shell out 1000$ for an ALMOST complete experience, than so be it. But they better be not demanding and crying Maxis to fix the game (when a patch makes it no longer run), behind two-faced comment.

ETA: I believe I once pointed out, how they no longer hides flaws in their screenshots (I think it was a room/kitchen on top of my memory) and even trailers now (https://youtu.be/asWeQBA_2Qs?si=3wHNc7eWnS7JiRND Snatch found a glitch with curve pools). I do get the game is broken and this stuff is common in TS4, but its funny how whoever checks these media files don’t even quality-check their screenshots/videos of bugs occuring, lol. Way to go Maxis! Shows how many fucks are give.

Page 2 of 2