Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM
Default EA knew!!

Note: "look the same", "come with more hair"
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:51 PM
Aty least that's a decent name. One of the random babies in my game was called Ling Ting...
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:52 PM
I don't understand what you are saying? Of course EA knew, They made the babies...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheShady

Note: "look the same", "come with more hair"

With regard to more hair, they meant in the sense of not being bald as babies. I don't think they meant a bigger selection of hair.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
I think they very well meant the obvious lack of hair content and the reaction of many, even before release, that somehow Sims look the same.

To me, that proves that they are very confident of themselves, which can be a very good thing, or fatal.

But the whole thread is meant to be comical, not critical. Should've worked a smiley in there in the first post somewhere...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:07 PM
lmao no, I think they meant the general notion that all babies look pretty much alike, and that without hair and being different colors, nobody'd really be able to tell them apart unless its theirs.

Just the same, I caught the humor and got a laugh -- and even if EAxis IS admitting that they know, they're just hiding another joke in the game like the "sore after WooHoo" thing.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
Of course it's a joke. An interesting one. Can't be irony, must be sarcasm.

But me like jokes so I'm not trying to read anything into it. What EA thinks is their business. Our business is to judge them by their actions, if they don't tell us what they think.

Btw, being sore after woohoo is a serious matter.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:42 PM
Sorry to detour the thread, but what interaction did this dialogue come from? Gossip? So far, my Sims are getting all their birth notices from the newspaper.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:00 PM
Gossip, yes. As "Heard any news?" (or similar...) would have given a speech bubble from the other Sim. Though I could be wrong.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:54 AM
EA is always sticking humour like this in their games. I know it's not exactly related, but some other EA humour I really liked is the guy in Sunset Valley called 'Gobias Koffi'

I laughed over that for a while. Which is sad. But it makes me think that EA isn't ALL bad... just 97%.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Aty least that's a decent name. One of the random babies in my game was called Ling Ting...

Yes, I've had babies named Feisal, Raymundo, and twins named Siseme and Sucretia. LOL Sucretia just reminds me of "secretions".
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:38 AM
Sucretia? ...ewww...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
EA is always sticking humour like this in their games. I know it's not exactly related, but some other EA humour I really liked is the guy in Sunset Valley called 'Gobias Koffi'

I laughed over that for a while. Which is sad. But it makes me think that EA isn't ALL bad... just 97%.

Yer, I like all the Arrested Development references.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ashkitty
Sucretia? ...ewww...

Sounds ghetto lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:12 PM
Goodness! That's funny. I haven't had that alert come up yet but it will make me laugh...

LiamHeartsTheSims

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiamHeartsTheSims

Hmm, I think that today I will get some grilled cheese, pee in the store and complain loudly about my light fittings.
Instructor
#16 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:43 PM
Not being funny but this whole lack of hair and looking the same was made at TS1 release and Ts2 and I guess will be made at TS40000