Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:55 PM
Default Disappearing Moodlet Manager
My Sim used his Lifetime Rewards to get a "Moodlet Manager". He had it for one night, then when I went back into the game today, it was gone. His Rewards points are still gone, so I know I saved the game before I exited. So, basically , he just used 30,000 points for nothing. He never even had a chance to use to Moodlet Manager.

Has anybody else had things like that just disappear on them?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:09 PM
apparently, books disappear like "magic scrolls" for some people, but I've never had anything in game vanish.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:12 PM
I had books, a laptop and the "locator" gizmo disappear from my inventory especially if I change active family or move.

Solution for this problem?

Make sure you take those object out and leave them in the house physically not in the inventory.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:40 PM
Before I got the hack from MATY, my sims inventory would disappear too. I lost my first collection helper like that. I would take stuff like that out and put it on a table or something in the house.

I think "magic scroll" books are referring to things like the recipe cookbooks, once a sim reads it it goes poof, which means if you want more than one sim in your house to learn how to make cookies, you have to buy more than one cookie book.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:54 PM
Yep..it's a bug. I've lost 3 collection helpers, hundreds of fish and veggies.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:29 AM
Okay, so I should take the Moodlet Manager out of the backpack before changing active household? Ugh. I'll try that and see if it works. That's just completely annoying. It has to be a bug, otherwise they would warn us, right? But it doesn't always happen. Sometimes I can switch between active households, and the backpack items are fine. Then other times, they all disappear.
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:48 AM
Something else I've noticed that's disappeared as well... MY MONEY!!! I left one of sim houses to play another one and I come back and everything is gone! My fish, plants, lifetime achievement awards, how to plant cheese and eggs....

and all of the 4.5 million simoleons I had earned (non-cheat btw).
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM
Yeah, it's a bug. Pescado's mod fixes it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Yeah, it's a bug. Pescado's mod fixes it.

What about losing learned skills? Like I posted up there, I lost my ability to plant eggs and cheese to make eggplants and cheeseplants. I'm not sure if it would be the same bug since its not part of the inventory. Please tell me its fixed!!!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:20 AM
So everyone is attaching this to Story Mode issues? You know, like changing the active household? If that's the case then of course! Things will disappear all the time, including inventory items, because the game has a mind of its own when you're not playing a specific family -- the Pescado hack (if you can make it work) will fix all that and more.

But without changing my active family, I've never had anything disappear, including recipe books --they go right back into the inventory where they belong and when things get crowded, I store them on the shelf. Perhaps I'm lucky, or it's not a constant glitch.
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:40 AM
If losing all your stuff and your money is a "feature" and not a bug, they need to rethink their definition of feature... I'm also not effected by this because I play one household, but I don't think people who want to play multiple households should be punished for their playstyle.

As for the ability to plant cheese and eggs, I can't say. I haven't tested it and it doesn't say it specifically in the notes. But it does say that your opportunities aren't lost when you change households with the mod, and that is a benefit you get from an opportunity...
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:55 AM
Thanks. I did figure out the lost money thing. Apparently when I went to another household I had the daughter from the first house marry and move into the new household, she then takes some money with her (like 20k) but instead of deducting that amount from the first household it wipes it clean.

And as far as the opportunities, I'm afraid I won't be able to get that ability back since the opportunity has come and go. Which sucks....
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
If losing all your stuff and your money is a "feature" and not a bug, they need to rethink their definition of feature... I'm also not effected by this because I play one household, but I don't think people who want to play multiple households should be punished for their playstyle.

As for the ability to plant cheese and eggs, I can't say. I haven't tested it and it doesn't say it specifically in the notes. But it does say that your opportunities aren't lost when you change households with the mod, and that is a benefit you get from an opportunity...

As far as I can understand it, when people change households, their first family becomes a townie, and therefore pretty much resets, in a sense. True, it's not a very fond feature for people who like to play multiples, but then again... this isn't a "multiple household" game, anymore.

And if the mod doesn't work, there's an EA work-around to be found: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=343659

^Follow these directions, and their respective links, and eventually your game should be patched up in some manner.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
As far as I can understand it, when people change households, their first family becomes a townie, and therefore pretty much resets, in a sense. True, it's not a very fond feature for people who like to play multiples, but then again... this isn't a "multiple household" game, anymore.

And if the mod doesn't work, there's an EA work-around to be found: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=343659

^Follow these directions, and their respective links, and eventually your game should be patched up in some manner.

But it's not always true that the family gets "reset". The other Lifetime Rewards that they've purchased are still there. It seems very random, because sometimes they will keep the books in their backpacks, and other times, they disappear. I still think it must be a bug, and it's something that they definitely need to address. If they meant for you to lose everything in your inventory when you switched active households, then it would stand to reason that this would be mentioned when the popup warning says that your wishes and promises would be lost. Why would they leave off the words "and inventory" if they knew those things would be affected as well?