Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 7:54 PM
Default Does anyone know how to get harvestable plants onto a community property?
Hi,

I just heard someone has been doing a community garden with all harvestable plants. I wonder how to do that - I never found the plants in build or buy mode, I cannot even use the pipette tool to replicate a harvestable plant and I cannot even move it from the place where EA (or Maxis) put it.

Any ideas anyone?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:21 PM
here is what you do

you have lets say tomatoes in your inventory click on the tomato and press plant or plant many, the you put the (seed) where you want to plant it.

when you are done putting the seeds where you want them press delete.

your sim will plant the seeds. if you sim is too tired or hungry or something they won't harvest or tend the garden so make sure all their bars are green,

then you take the plants THAT ARE IN YOUR INVERTORY and go to the market where you buy the food and sell them.

i'm sorry i am not sure how too make plants on a community lot. hope this helps.
Typical
#3 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:27 PM
You have to fisrt buy the seeds from the supermarket though...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:32 PM
no you don't, just click the tomato in your inventory.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:53 PM
Hi, thanks for the answers but I *know* how to plant, er, plants. I have, in fact, a perfect plant of everything. But since it took AGES I was wondering if one could somehow create a botanical garden that is not on private property but on a community lot.

This is where I stumbled as the plants are nowhere in build or buy mode.

Well, let me try to cheat tomorrow by abandoning a house with a nice garden and let us see if I can turn it into a community lot then.
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 11:24 PM
I haven't tried, but assume the way you do it is take a residential lot, move your sim there, lock their mood, plant a garden, move your sim out, and turn it into a community lot.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:26 AM
I found this at Snootysims....http://www.snootysims.com/forums/vi...hp?f=21&t=30714.

Read down the thread...you can download a perfect community garden.
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:40 AM
Actually yeah, that idea that you were reaching for sounds great. I had a gardening family change homes to the one next door, and they still regularly harvest undying lifefruit, money and more. I would assume that leaving the sprinklers on helped. I bet that res lot could be just turned into a community and rebuilt!
Instructor
#9 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:25 AM
It can, but rebuild it before turning it into a community lot. I found that I had problems moving around vegetable bushes once it's a community lot.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:33 AM
how do you lock a sims mood?
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittyboy
how do you lock a sims mood?

testingcheatsenabled true

shift-click the mailbox, choose "Make Motives Static" That way you can grow the entire garden on fast forward without your sim needing anything.