Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:11 PM
Default Ceilings wont show without a floor in place above the room?
Hello all my first post here. I am loving the Sims 3 but have some issues with the builder that most of you are having.

Is there anyway to make it so ceilings show when your for example have an open living room design where you do not have a floor directly above you? This is a major issue for my type of designs because I love having vaulted ceilings and indoor balconies.

The way it stands now if you go to the room where you have no floor above you then you see clear up into the sky, no ceilings at all. I have a couple rooms where I have a balcony coming out and overlooking a room. But when you go to the floor view and look up you do not see a balcony or a ceiling, just the sky like no roof.

There seems to be several areas on the builder mode and restrictions that should of been in the game at launch. I should have waited and bought the game maybe after the first expansion since it seems this is how EA plans it's sim games by giving you fixes and major build functionality. Huge *sigh*

Anyway if you know of a cheat or something to get this to work let me know please. Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:32 AM
Just tried for the past few hours to mod the ceiling and no go. I am pretty experienced in modding for these games but I hate bugs! Anyway if someone comes up with a ceiling that shows from 2 floors up please PM me. I would probably guess they would give a fix to this soon or in the first expansion though since it is pretty dumb having a staircase and having a open sky at the top of the stairs inside your home.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:00 PM
My first post, yay! (After my old account got deleted ).

Have you tried adding flooring on your actual roof level? So not directly above the living room but above the second floor? If you look at some of the houses that Maxis made, you can see they all have flooring on the roof level.

If not, I guess I've missunderstood your problem. :p
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:14 PM
When in the ROOF section of build mode, select the roof tiles (at no cost) and place them where you would like to see tiles from below.
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 2:31 PM
Go up to the second floor.You can even do this on one story houses then put flooring over it.The ceilings will then be visisble.I've noticed the cheaper houses don't have ceilings and you have to put them in but the expensive ones do.