Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:49 AM
Default Guys im stuck! How do i switch households in the same town
I wanted to make me and my friends and im stuck on my household, how can i switch to their house? I can't go back to CAS option
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
You go to the 3 little dots and pick edit town.
Then you click on the 2 little houses.
Then it will ask you to save or just go on. You prob want to save.
Now you will have the option to choose household.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:11 AM
In other words nested in a menu that isn't often used. I want to meet the man in charge of the UI for this game.
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Antipilor
In other words nested in a menu that isn't often used. I want to meet the man in charge of the UI for this game.

I think they did that on purpose to discourage people from switching families. LOL. Switch houses and your Leader of the Free World becomes a PAPERBOY! MWAHAHAHA!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
I think they did that on purpose to discourage people from switching families. LOL. Switch houses and your Leader of the Free World becomes a PAPERBOY! MWAHAHAHA!

Hmm purposely marring UI to attempt to hide bad programming? Sounds like a plan worthy of EA!
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:37 AM
This is one of the reasons I really feel like I can't seriously get into the game. I switched households and came back and all the jobs I had worked so hard on had disappeared. It's not worth it...
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:42 AM
I have no idea why people ignore the Edit Town button. It was the first one I clicked
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:56 AM
Like others have said, you have to go to Edit Town, first.

And yeah, it's pretty much overcomplicated and the result of bad planning. So are all the problems with switching household in general. Story progression is a broken piece of shit.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:04 AM
Well, I guess the whole point was that you don't NEED to switch households anyway. If you want to interact with your own CAS sims, just ... do it! Place them into a house somewhere and visit them!

I find this way much, much better because everyone in the game ages anyway, so there's no need to micromanage seven different households.
Instructor
#10 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 9:27 AM
I think there are definately advantages and disadvantages to the way it is. I like that you have one household you cna control at a time. So for the purpose here creating you and your friends it is great IRL you have no real control over yoru friends they will move on grow and develop. Now you get that in Sims too.

I love that I will not have to age up an entire family now to have any kind of feeling of realism. Just controlling my central legacy family.

As for the UI issues, I think no matter what UI is used there will always be complaints.
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM
You also lose any promised goals on the previous family when you change active families.
Theorist
#12 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Branes
You also lose any promised goals on the previous family when you change active families.

You also lose any fruit, fish, seeds, and deeds to any owned businesses.
My sims' inventory was completely cleared out except for their guitars. It was annoying because one of my sims owned 150,000 simoleons worth of businesses.

Resident wet blanket.