Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:02 AM
Default How to find where other Sims live?
Hi! Is there any way to find out from Map View where other Sims live?

I had a branch of the family move out (kicked out so I don't know where they ended up). I go to Map View, it is set to All but nowhere is it telling me where they have moved (you know, like the House Icon that appears for others).

A few days later I discovered them a couple of houses down the street by accident when my Sim was rummaging through people's trash.

Am I supposed to really zoom in street to street and go on clicking houses to find the ones I'm looking for or is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks v much!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:07 AM
All houses belonging to friends should show up with a brown house icon on the map. Was their relationship on a friend level when you kicked them out? Also remember, in story mode sims can move out of the neighborhood, i.e cease to exist.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:29 AM
Yes but that would have been a newspapered event.
Inventor
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:05 PM
Quikest way to find out if you don't get the friend icon in map view, is just go to edit town mode and click all the houses. I do that on a regular bases in my game to keep tabs on who moved where, where new families moved in etc.

Last time I found my Agents, Smith & Jones living with the Moretti's, Vincent Moretti of course having a high lvl job in the evil criminal branch. I moved them back to their bunker

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:17 PM
They're still in town as I found them days later. Just not from map view. It was more like an accident when my Sim was going through their trash and I noticed they had the same last name. lol

No orange icon from map view either. They sort of weren't getting along with the active family.

@Axe, if I go to Edit Town will I lose the active family's wishes and stuff as per storytelling being on?
Inventor
#6 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maggie101
They're still in town as I found them days later. Just not from map view. It was more like an accident when my Sim was going through their trash and I noticed they had the same last name. lol

No orange icon from map view either. They sort of weren't getting along with the active family.

@Axe, if I go to Edit Town will I lose the active family's wishes and stuff as per storytelling being on?

Nope, Edit town will pause the game, you'll also be asked if you wish to save the game before going in to edit town mode.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:15 PM
I tried going to Edit Town. It IS so much easier that way! Thank you!

Btw, would anyone know if the NPC's can also be found in the neighborhood? I had a male Sim develop a relationship with the maid but option to get her pregnant is greyed out (says there's too much people in her household for her to get pregnant). =P