Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:20 PM
Default Complaining, how rebellious!
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has been annoyed by the light levels in TS3? I find houses too dark and it's more irritating than a sore after woo-hoo. Also, I have been looking at the packaging of the game and I think the cover art is a bit.... rushed....

LiamHeartsTheSims

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiamHeartsTheSims

Hmm, I think that today I will get some grilled cheese, pee in the store and complain loudly about my light fittings.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:24 PM
The lighting in my houses varies: one of them is kinda dark, but the other one is so bright all the black tones look dark blue -- and I KNOW they're nowhere near blue. I guess it depends on how many lights and large windows you throw in there. Even at night, everything is blinding. (I'd use blinds, but APPARENTLY, nobody at EA thinks people ever put curtains on top of them in their houses.... >_> Stupid content developers.)

And I dunno about the cover art... I found it fun to pick out "the multiples" while I was waiting for the game to finish installing.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:27 PM
The light levels were annoyingly low to me, too, until I adjusted the options for light and shadows. Plus, I always end up adding tons of wall lights inside the houses, and it pretty much fixes the problem.

P.S. I think the sore after woohoo is pretty funny!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 1:38 PM
Try clicking on a light. Most, if not all of them should have a set intensity option. Hopefully, that will brighten things up a bit.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:52 PM
Yup I found the houses annoyingly dark too! Like Thomas says, click on a light in the house, and you'll get a menu...click on Intensity...High...All Lights and problem solved.