Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1076 Old 2nd Aug 2024 at 10:07 PM
I've concluded that my temporary (it had better be) manager person just actually sucks at managing people. This week I spent the most time around her and realised that while she's good at her job (knowledge, skills etc) her people managing skills leave a lot to be desired. I get that as a manager its her job to assign and divide the work but the way she does is really frustrating - she bombards you through teams with things to do (all like oh I see you have a few minutes free do this now and hurry up here's another reminder about the thing I want you to do) when you have like 30 other things to do from the system and all of it is urgent. Like I get it, but no? can you not?

Advertisement
Theorist
#1077 Old 3rd Aug 2024 at 9:19 PM
Exhausting. Actually it has been that way for the past couple of days as it has been 90-plus degrees during the day. Come night time, it barely gets below 76 with all swampy humidity. I don't want cold weather, but I'm over this crap. The air conditioner in my office is set to 75, the room is 86.

Today should have been a fairly easy day, and it was with a exception.

Jingle had to go to the groomer; check.

Chica needed a refill for her pheno; check.

When it was time to pick Jingle up, I needed to get other pet-related stuff. No problem.

When we left to pick Jingle up, we got stuck in summer traffic. On the way home, we got stuck in traffic going in other direction. I don't know where the frick everybody was going. What should have taken less than a hour ended up being close to two hours. I knew exactly what I wanted in the store, brought my handy, dandy list with me and Jingle was done as the groomer always calls when she's ready to go.

I've said this already, but tourist to go home! School starts in a couple of weeks and I'm tired of their bullshit. If people can't figure out how to merge on the highway or what exit they need to take, they should stay home.
Mad Poster
#1078 Old Yesterday at 12:02 AM
Wedding party. Left "early" (I mean, midnight isn't that early... right?). It was fine, although I did have a better time during the main wedding (about a month ago).

Had an already quickly depleating social battery yesterday ("pre-party", much calmer party mood then, fewer people, and lower music volume). Now my battery power is hovering at about 0.0001% If I don't have to see people the next 24 hours, that's probably too soon

I'm not a party person. I'm not that much of a people person, either... There are social butterflies, but I think I'm more of a social turtle than anything... (just happy to be back in my "shell")
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1079 Old Yesterday at 6:59 PM
Today is a slow Sunday.

I began working on going by my handle in gaming, so I essentially restarted a number of games under the handle "Lady K" and I eventually got up to speed.

Had fried rice for lunch. I am still having trouble sleeping through the night.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#1080 Old Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Charging my social battery by keeping away from people. Two days and many hours in a row is plenty enough for a little while...
Page 44 of 44