Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2024 at 8:08 PM Last edited by Corylea : 16th Jun 2024 at 4:26 AM.
Default Mod - Eliminate Fame Decay -- Now FIXED!

This mod eliminates fame decay for your sims who are on the Fame track. It was made at the request of u/PenicillinAntiTonsil on Reddit.

You can get it at http://corylea.com/EliminateFameDecayForTheSims1.html.

Installation: This does NOT go in your Downloads folder! Put ControllerStudioLot.iff into your ExpansionPack6 folder; for most players, this is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\The Sims\ExpansionPack6. This is overriding a file that's inside ExpansionPack6.far, so it has to go into the same folder as the far file for that to happen.
Screenshots

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st May 2024 at 9:06 PM
OMG OMG *hyperventilates* *smashes download button*

Thank you @Corylea , now I can have a sim on the fame track whilst also focussing on other things too. Brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st May 2024 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
now I can have a sim on the fame track whilst also focussing on other things too. Brilliant!

Don't leave Ozzie waiting TOO long, now.

I've always felt that fame track sims were forced to be a bit too monomaniacal for my tastes, and this helps take some of the pressure off. I might have to give fame another go. Nice work
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2024 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
OMG OMG *hyperventilates* *smashes download button*

Thank you @Corylea , now I can have a sim on the fame track whilst also focussing on other things too. Brilliant!

You're always so kind and helpful that I'm thrilled to have found a mod that YOU want!

Soooo, what else can I make you? Got any wishes? :-)

Quote: Originally posted by EphemeralToast
I've always felt that fame track sims were forced to be a bit too monomaniacal for my tastes, and this helps take some of the pressure off. I might have to give fame another go. Nice work

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Even though I think it would be AWFUL to be famous in real life -- imagine not being able to go to the grocery store to pick up a loaf of bread without people wanting you to pose for pictures or listen to why they hated your latest movie/song/TV episode -- I think the Fame career in Superstar is loads of fun. I love watching my sim sing in the recording booth, and the outfits they model are hilariously ridiculous. And some of those songs are catchy, even the commercial jingles. Maxis did a great job with this one, except for the way your sim has to suck up to famous people. But then, I have a mod for that, too. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 2:35 AM
Yes!! This is soooo goood!! Thank you Corylea ❤️❤️
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2024 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by victamem
Yes!! This is soooo goood!! Thank you Corylea ❤️❤️
You're very welcome, @victamem; I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 4:25 AM
LongBoulder on Reddit was kind enough to alert me to a problem with the original version of this mod. If you used it, whenever you tried to go to Studio Town, they'd tell you you'd already been that day. Oops!

I was using Simsky's Unlimited Studio Town Visits Mod in my game, so when I tested the Eliminate Fame Decay Mod, the problem didn't arise. But after LongBoulder alerted me to the problem, I re-made the mod. I've taken out Simsky's mod during testing, and you can still go to Studio Town with the new version. Whew!

I apologize to everyone who was disappointed in the previous version of the mod, but it should be okay now! (And I apologize for the delay in fixing it, but my health is shaky, so I can't always do what I want to do.)

So, unless you're also using Simsky's Unlimited Studio Town Visits Mod, please re-download.

Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jun 2024 at 4:50 AM Last edited by Stephanie : 16th Jun 2024 at 6:01 AM.
I also made the same mod with build buy enabler before, you make me have to open my game and test mine with and without Simsky's Unlimited Studio Town Visits Mod (still works fine both with and without Simsky's mod after test)

I downloaded and tested your original version before, found no problem, maybe I use with Simsky's Unlimited Studio Town Visits Mod, that's why no problem

Nothing important than own health, my update is much slower, since I can't spend all the time just sit in front of PC which not good for my health, have to take full rest then continue the works

My Sims 1 site, contains skins, meshes and some hacks, https://sims.stephanietoo.com, last updated 17-06-2024
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stephanie
I also made the same mod with build buy enabler before, you make me have to open my game and test mine with and without Simsky's Unlimited Studio Town Visits Mod (still works fine both with and without Simsky's mod after test)

I downloaded and tested your original version before, found no problem, maybe I use with Simsky's Unlimited Studio Town Visits Mod, that's why no problem

I wish I'd known you had a mod that did what the requester wanted, so I could have just pointed them at your site!

Cheers!

Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
I wish I'd known you had a mod that did what the requester wanted, so I could have just pointed them at your site!

Cheers!

I's ok since I have been inactive for years, also those mods hosted at google site before I recreate my current site, that old site very user unfriendly and not visible in search engine, that's why no one know I actually made mods

At least you learned new thing about creating Eliminate Fame Decay Mod, both of our mods different, so player can choose with or without build/buy enabler in studio town.

My Sims 1 site, contains skins, meshes and some hacks, https://sims.stephanietoo.com, last updated 17-06-2024
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 6:31 PM
I's ok since I have been inactive for years, also those mods hosted at google site before I recreate my current site, that old site very user unfriendly and not visible in search engine, that's why no one know I actually made mods
Well, I'm glad you have a new site, so we can all see the stuff you've made now!

both of our mods different, so player can choose with or without build/buy enabler in studio town.
When I made the Faster Magical Growths mod, I made both a version that enabled Build/Buy in Magic Town and a version that didn't. I was surprised to find that hardly anybody downloaded the one that enabled Build/Buy in Magic Town; most people downloaded the version that only made crystals, flowers, and beanstalks grow after fewer spells cast. That's why I didn't make two versions of the Eliminate Fame Decay mod; it didn't seem worth the trouble. But *I* like having Build and Buy enabled, so I'm glad you made one that enables it. :D

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 8:29 AM Last edited by kenoi : 18th Jun 2024 at 10:47 AM.
When I made the Faster Magical Growths mod, I made both a version that enabled Build/Buy in Magic Town and a version that didn't. I was surprised to find that hardly anybody downloaded the one that enabled Build/Buy in Magic Town; most people downloaded the version that only made crystals, flowers, and beanstalks grow after fewer spells cast. That's why I didn't make two versions of the Eliminate Fame Decay mod; it didn't seem worth the trouble. But *I* like having Build and Buy enabled, so I'm glad you made one that enables it. :D

I get that all the time. I constantly make mods that nearly no-one downloads. 😅 My interests are so different to most people's, that I'm surprised when something actually does become a hit. And I try not to pay much attention to the numbers.

You gotta make stuff that makes you happy, and share it for people who may be in the same situation you were in before you started modding, and who would really appreciate it. That's what it's really about. It's not about the numbers, it really isn't. Some of the most meaningful mods for me that I have ever downloaded came from such resources, where very few people have actually downloaded that mod. The saddest part for me is that these resources often disappear over time, just because they are "not popular".

(But many are somehow saved by the community exactly because they have higher quality, and people feel that.)

One of the greatest, legendary Sims mod sites, Persimmon Grove, is such a resource. It started as a project for one person's passion, the author's, in a field of interest that may not catch many people at all, and it became a modding legend. But, most importantly, it stayed what it started as -- quality over popularism.

I hate how we live in a society that values numbers over quality. It's death to richness and growth in culture.

Keep doing what makes you happy in the game, listen to your passion. Don't pay attention to download numbers. Create things for yourself, and then share them with others. Then you're satisfied whether it becomes a hit with the general public or not. I think that's the best way. That's also what makes us most creative and most productive.

Just because few people are downloading the mod doesn't mean it's not good. It may mean the world to someone, too. To me, that is a true hit -- when it makes a meaningful change in someone's life, to the same or greater extent than it made for me. Doesn't matter if it is just one person. A creation that changes one life like that means more to me than a creation that thousands of people have downloaded on a whim, but that makes no truly meaningful difference to anyone.

The best is actually when it inspires someone else, who grows up to create something of their own, building upon that inspiration. Seeing that fills my heart the most. That's how culture grows, that's how we all grow.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 1:32 PM
Well, I'm glad you have a new site, so we can all see the stuff you've made now!

I also care about numbers when I was young, later I found out I got such such unpopular interests, nearly impossible to get a viewer who got same interest with me, but I feel is unnecessary to follow popular culture all the time, so I choose only make things that I really like, my site is my little world, full of my personality, never expect who will like those themes, but it will be best if got anyone like them

I'm very surprise when I found someone upload all my male heads on his Internet Archive page, maybe he think my site was disappeared, I choose to only favorite that page and do nothing even my actual TOC is cannot redistribute, because I got my very first comment since I made those heads, he said they are "REALLY nice male heads"

I can believe one day my page will appear on search engine, then people able to find the mod they want, it's ok to caring about download or veiws number, but never feel bad if got only 0, at least I'm one of the player still using it in my game.

I just want say thank you for making those useful mods expecially the Interest Adjuster, Food Stays Fresh For a Week, Static Bladder Plant and many more, I want to get permission from you by modify the Interest Adjuster and Static Bladder Plant, I planning to change one of my hack painting with those features (auto all full interests, static other motives or something similar)

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 1:57 PM
I'm very surprise when I found someone upload all my male heads on his Internet Archive page, maybe he think my site was disappeared, I choose to only favorite that page and do nothing even my actual TOC is cannot redistribute, because I got my very first comment since I made those heads, he said they are "REALLY nice male heads"

There is a project on the Internet Archive to preserve all Sims content created by everyone over the years. The IA is a big digital library meant to preserve the whole web, and all content on it, essentially. So if people like something, they will archive it there even if you have your own website, in case that website one day disappears, so that the creative content will not disappear with it.

And I agree, your work is very creative and beautiful. ❤️ I'm actually awed by it for real. Truly inspiring. So is Corylea's: I've never seen more intuitive, truly game-changing practical mods. ⭐ It takes an amazing creative eye and mind to create both of your work. 🤗
Test Subject
#15 Old 28th Jun 2024 at 4:02 PM
Can you add the inclusion of building/buying mode to the controller please?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macalok
Can you add the inclusion of building/buying mode to the controller please?

Stephanie has one that does that at https://sims.stephanietoo.com/sims1-en.html#hacks.

Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jun 2024 at 7:28 AM
Stephanie has one that does that at https://sims.stephanietoo.com/sims1-en.html#hacks.

Thank you!