Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 5:48 PM
I don't think they have Food Safety Officers or laws in Strangetown. Not very civilized place.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Tate Traveller runs a coffee shop in Strangetown, and he just got it up to Level 5! I haven't had a lot of luck making businesses successful, so this is exciting for me. I credit two mods for his success: one is the one that enables me to set a higher customer limit, and the other is this one by jonasn that actually makes the espresso machine work and customers autonomously buy coffees. I really love that mod! It works so well. For this business, I use the ticket machine as well as selling espressos. There is also a guitar that customers can play for tips (like an open mic), a big TV, and some board games to play. Food is provided in the form of hot dogs, hamburgers, and chef salads. Tate is a werewolf, so that means he can run the shop all night as long as he has something to eat. And I figured out that he can clean up faster after customers by licking the plates clean, which is not something I think I've ever directed my Sims to do. But it works very well because it saves having to walk back and forth to the sink.

If you have no sink (including no bathroom sink) on the lot, when sims are told to clean up dirty dishes, they'll simply throw them in the trash. It's quicker than washing or licking and it would make sense at a burgers and hot dogs kind of place that might use dispoasable plates and cups irl.
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wthrwthoutyu
If you have no sink (including no bathroom sink) on the lot, when sims are told to clean up dirty dishes, they'll simply throw them in the trash. It's quicker than washing or licking and it would make sense at a burgers and hot dogs kind of place that might use dispoasable plates and cups irl.

That's a helpful tip! However, there are sinks in the bathroom, which was where he was taking the dirty dishes. I may be okay with the werewolf licking the plates, but a bathroom without sinks is just too much squick for me.

I do think that would be appropriate for a little cafe/takeout place where you might buy food and eat it outside.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 10:31 PM
That's a helpful tip! However, there are sinks in the bathroom, which was where he was taking the dirty dishes. I may be okay with the werewolf licking the plates, but a bathroom without sinks is just too much squick for me.

I do think that would be appropriate for a little cafe/takeout place where you might buy food and eat it outside.

You can mod that out, the taking dishes into the bathroom. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7852.0.html
Oh and while we are at it, wash your hands! https://archive.org/details/alwaysflushtoiletwashhands

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2024 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can mod that out, the taking dishes into the bathroom. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7852.0.html
Oh and while we are at it, wash your hands! https://archive.org/details/alwaysflushtoiletwashhands

Oh, yes, trust me, I've had that hand-washing mod in a long while now, and I notice who doesn't do it. I wouldn't want to completely mod out washing dishes in the bathroom, though. Sometimes it's useful for really small houses to not have a sink in the kitchen, and I have to admit that I kind of like it when the lovestruck Sims just have take to their dishes to the bathroom when the object of their adoration is in the bath because they can't bear to be apart.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 1:32 AM
Oh, yes, trust me, I've had that hand-washing mod in a long while now, and I notice who doesn't do it. I wouldn't want to completely mod out washing dishes in the bathroom, though. Sometimes it's useful for really small houses to not have a sink in the kitchen, and I have to admit that I kind of like it when the lovestruck Sims just have take to their dishes to the bathroom when the object of their adoration is in the bath because they can't bear to be apart.

Ah okay, washing in the bathroom drove me crazy, plus I garden a lot so I want the plates thrown in the kitchen bin so I can compost them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#32 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Ah okay, washing in the bathroom drove me crazy, plus I garden a lot so I want the plates thrown in the kitchen bin so I can compost them.

China doesn't usually compost well lol.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
China doesn't usually compost well lol.

You can get paper plates. :p

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 1:58 PM
One thing I don't like is when I send my Sims to shop at another Sim's store and they buy something, it doesn't fulfill their want to buy that thing. For instance, if they want a stereo, it only counts if they buy it from the catalog. If they want to buy clothing, it only counts if they buy it from an unowned business or online. I'm not sure if there's a fix for this, but it hurts immersion for me, at least from the shopping side of things.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#35 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 9:53 PM
One thing I don't like is when I send my Sims to shop at another Sim's store and they buy something, it doesn't fulfill their want to buy that thing. For instance, if they want a stereo, it only counts if they buy it from the catalog. If they want to buy clothing, it only counts if they buy it from an unowned business or online. I'm not sure if there's a fix for this, but it hurts immersion for me, at least from the shopping side of things.

Testing cheats>shift click on the want. That will fill it. And yes it is annoying, they should have thought and included items like that, they included mobile/cell phones.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2