Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1476 Old Yesterday at 5:05 PM Last edited by matrix54 : Yesterday at 5:24 PM.
I don't care about anything else they announced today but ewww they're selling custom content as Creator Kits.

While I'm sure the content will be MUCH better, that's not the idea or appeal of customer content. I don't agree with independent expression being passed off corporate merchandise.

Also, "Continued Support" of the Sims 4 screams to me where going to slowly be spoon fed slop for the next few years, and I'm honestly ready to get off the roller coaster. I'm over gimmicks and tricks. It has not been an enjoyable 10 years. It started off BAD and it's currently BAD.

At times, I was fed up with The Sims 3 as well, but at least we got content when we bought something, even if the content was lackluster. Lovestruck was void of anything noteworthy and was a series of rehashed additions.

We're still waiting for a spiral staircase and pool tables, it's wild... and if EA thinks I'm going to continue to fund them selling patches as DLC, I cannot. My Wedding Stories, Get Together, and Lovestruck were basically patches. It's sad.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1477 Old Yesterday at 6:01 PM
Continued support? The game barely runs as it is! And they're selling mods? I don't want multiplayer in my sims game! It's like they took a list of what everyone said they would hate and implemented it. EA seriously needs competition in the life sim department. I hope InZoi and Paralives work out. If you need me, I'll be in The Sims 2 section.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#1478 Old Yesterday at 6:35 PM
It feels like they're grasping at straws. I feel they believe the content people want is too expensive to produce, so they're holding on to it at the every last second to release while trying to bleed as much from fans as possible.

Top Picks For Content:
- Graveyards
- Funerals
- Fairies
- Bands
- Table Engagements

2/5 of these appear to be on the horizon but are not confirmed. They missed the bus on table engagements several times, which players have begged for since The Sims 3. Players communicate what they want, and they just ignore them. Very weird behavior.

Inventor
#1479 Old Yesterday at 8:09 PM
Ok so now the rumours are confirmed, there will be no Sims 5 and Project René is something different then. Maybe a casual mobile game? They continue to make content for Sims 4.

These are bad news in my opinion and I thought, well maybe they listen to their players and add something like a world map editor for the sims 4 so that we can make our own world maps, but NO, they add Multiplayer instead. Something the community doesn't want. I hate EA. They make something that is bad even more worse.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Theorist
#1480 Old Yesterday at 8:58 PM

I guess Maxis decided to give Flash the chipmunk some competition. Before somebody sez that this is alpha footage; I know. That doesn't make this better. They've been doing this stuff for 25 years next year. They've reduced birds to blue and white pixel blobs.

The Sims 5 is NOT coming... (BIG Project Renee news)

https://youtu.be/YvuEo1vkv7E?feature=shared&t=451
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#1481 Old Yesterday at 9:22 PM
Corporate speech at its finest!

Basically, there will be expansion after expansion after expansion which means more money!

Also, they will now lure your favourite cc creators so that you cannot get free stuff anymore because all the profit will go to EA (some to the said creators)!
Mad Poster
#1482 Old Yesterday at 10:47 PM Last edited by matrix54 : Yesterday at 11:23 PM.
Kit's are a cheap way to make money due to their low barrier to entry. What better way to produce them than to hire people who they don't have to give benefits to. They'll make less, but they also cost less to make.

They give them limits, ensure the projects means said limits, and it done by the deadline. It's basically independent contactors with a pre-set fanbase to market to. People are inclined to support their favorite creators. Even if a creator gets an 80% cut of the proceeds, the creator did 95% of the work. I would love to read the contracts on these because they have to sell in perpetuity.

I'd argue EA may creator promotional content for kits and throw up a blog post on social media, but EA is still coming out better on these financially.

Edit: Also, they have an “exciting” patch coming tomorrow. I assume there’s free content in it. There was no reason to release it on a Wednesday, so I’m assuming they didn’t want to overshadow the big announcements from today, as well as the upcoming mit releases. I assume it’s big update of some sort.

Theorist
#1483 Old Today at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
Corporate speech at its finest!

Basically, there will be expansion after expansion after expansion which means more money!

Also, they will now lure your favourite cc creators so that you cannot get free stuff anymore because all the profit will go to EA (some to the said creators)!

It is interesting how they are now 'concerned' about the time and energy people have put into this game. They haven't seemed too worried over 10 years about all the saves that have been destroyed by bugs such as Father Winter's beard which left the game unplayable. It got fixed eventually, but as usual, it took a lot of chair rattling before anything was done.

The whole article was corporate, boiler plate nonsense. This game has had nothing but issues since release. Unless they plan on rebuilding the whole thing from the ground up, I don't see their plan going well. Since they are going to be paying cc creators to make kits, I don't see them rebuilding... much.

They're looking for ways to cut corners and for cheap labor as Matrix pointed out. Yibs and others are not paid EA employees. Yibs get their money via views on YouTube and Twitch. I'm sure if they work on builds or work on kits like the one Plumbella did, they get a cut of sales, but they're not entitled to health care benefits, a 401K with some type of EA match, ect...
Page 60 of 60