Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2024 at 4:03 PM
Default How to change food on custom buffet table
Helo, I looked at buffet table hoping for some custom foods and I stumble across these two http://www.parsimonious.org/furnitu...Mobius_Red.html and https://modthesims.info/d/237622/bu...tive-foods.html. I was wondering how to change the typical dishes into these custom foods but I hardly found any tutorials on the sims 2, would you guys help me find tutorials on these or maybe teach me how? pretty pls....
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 10:03 AM
Help forums are for game help, not creation help, so I've moved your post to the create forums.

The food in the parsimonious one is from the game, it's not cc. The food in the buffet is called via GUID in each of three bhav's, one for each food. The line Create New Object Instance is in each twice, once for the plate and once for the food to be served. And then edit the TTA to denote which food the sim is grabbing. This one is fairly easy, just grab the GUID of the food you want to use and put it in there, whether cc or maxis.

For the case of MLs, they created a custom plate and a custom food. There are tutorials for creating custom foods, several here in the tutorial sections of Sims 2 Creation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2024 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Help forums are for game help, not creation help, so I've moved your post to the create forums.

The food in the parsimonious one is from the game, it's not cc. The food in the buffet is called via GUID in each of three bhav's, one for each food. The line Create New Object Instance is in each twice, once for the plate and once for the food to be served. And then edit the TTA to denote which food the sim is grabbing. This one is fairly easy, just grab the GUID of the food you want to use and put it in there, whether cc or maxis.

For the case of MLs, they created a custom plate and a custom food. There are tutorials for creating custom foods, several here in the tutorial sections of Sims 2 Creation.

Thank you for the reply but to be honest my SimPE knowledge is very basic, I only know how to recolor, change light and change ads (TTAB). So I am clueless on how to read GUID, I already scan the GUID for the food I want to use but I don't know where to put the GUID or change it into codes, would you like to tell me step by step? And I am sorry I am also only realize I put it on the wrong section on forum, thank you for moving it :D
here is some GUID I want to try
[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots