Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 3:33 PM
Default Custom Road Curved Intersection piece?
Hi all!
I'm hoping all your CAW wizards out there will have an answer for me, although I'm afraid I already know it.

I'm making a world based on Pleasantview from TS2 and I've been trying to make custom roads that feel similar to TS2. I'm satisfied with the result other than the end pieces (intersections) of the roads themselves. In TS2 they had rounded corners instead of those ugly square end pieces of TS3.

I've tried playing around with different road layouts but I can't find any solutions. Anyone has any idea how and if that'd be possible?

(Here is an example of what I'm talking about. On the left we have the current road, but I would like to turn it into something like what's shown on the right side.)
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Jun 2024 at 5:29 PM
I don't think you could actually do this by editing road textures, but I can think of two ways that you could 'fake it'. One would be to make a road piece that matches your road texture, like a large semi-circular rug if you will, as a custom CAW object. An easier way would be to use a footpath to form a semi-circular curve and connect up to the ends of your road path. Then fill the middle in with terrain paint that is the same texture as your road surface.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't think you could actually do this by editing road textures, but I can think of two ways that you could 'fake it'. One would be to make a road piece that matches your road texture, like a large semi-circular rug if you will, as a custom CAW object. An easier way would be to use a footpath to form a semi-circular curve and connect up to the ends of your road path. Then fill the middle in with terrain paint that is the same texture as your road surface.

Yeah I was afraid that would be the case. I'd rather keep it like that as I don't really like "decorative/nonfunctional" solutions but thank you so much for the suggestions. I'm sure many people will find them useful!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Jun 2024 at 4:38 PM
Well, being the end of a street, you're not going to have cars really using it much anyway, I think if it were my world I'd just fake it! But I know what you mean. I hope you get your world finished, it sounds good!