Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:50 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Disappearing sim families (mac)
Hey,

After a while, I am starting to notice my created families disappearing from their houses even though their stuff are still in their houses.

Here it goes:

I created a white family and a black family next to each other. After I play on one lot for a while then decided to switch to the other family, one of them disappeared without a trace!

I am not sure exactly what caused this, is this a bug in the game or something?

Please let me know, thanks.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:53 PM
aprouty, it sounds like you're playing with Story Progression on. To keep the neighborhood balanced and alive, the game will move Sims in and out of the neighborhood -- even Sims you have created. Unfortunately, the in-game option to toggle off Story Progression is broken, and EA does not have a solution for Mac users.

A little more info is available here: http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=343659
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:23 AM
Thanks for the info.

I have a update to my problem. When I was playing on one of my other sims' lots, I had one of my sims walk around the town, I suddenly ran into sim whom had disappeared.

Later when she left, I followed her car (The car is not the same car I brought her) and she drove to her house I assigned her to. Then nothing happens afterwards, she didn't even enter her house. Did the broken Story Progression caused this?