Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:02 AM
Mostly just Pixar...Up, Cars, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles...

I don't really have a favorite princess movie, because most of those were pretty cheesy. I guess Beauty and the Beast?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 4:48 AM
Beauty and the Beast! Hands down! I even named my dog Belle
Scholar
#28 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:24 PM
1) The Little Mermaid - been my favorite since I was about 4 years old. I just love mermaids, and the ocean, and ocean creatures.
2) Atlantis - another underwater one that's underrated but great.
3) Mulan
4) Pocahontas
5) tie between Tangled and Beauty and the Beast

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#29 Old 10th Jun 2024 at 3:51 PM
The Little Mermaid and Moana
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 2:14 AM
Hands down, Ratatouille. It's my feel-good, watch-anytime (usually once a week) flick. And I really like 101 Dalmatians! I'm allergic to dogs, but if I weren't, safe bet I'd end up with at least a dozen of dalmatians.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 13th Jun 2024 at 5:50 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Jun 2024 at 2:27 PM. Reason: Clarity, Addendum, Tweaks and Errors
Quote: Originally posted by chamelea
Hands down, Ratatouille. It's my feel-good, watch-anytime (usually once a week) flick. And I really like 101 Dalmatians! I'm allergic to dogs, but if I weren't, safe bet I'd end up with at least a dozen of dalmatians.

I've quite a few, but the 1989 Little Mermaid struck a chord with me because I was that weird 2 year old cheering on Ursula.

101 Dalmatians is a favorite of mine. I remember Warner Brothers studio said "They [at Disney] were able to animate a movie with 101 dogs with millions of spots. We couldn't even animate a movie about one dog with one spot!" According to some old interviews gleaned from archives over the years of big movie studios.

Personally, as a linguistics nerd, Atlantis: The Lost Empire is a favorite of mine. Because it didn't break the prerequisite of making back a certain amount and with modest success, the princess in that movie, voiced by Cree Summer, an icon in animation since the 1980s as a child voice actor and grew as time passed...

...well, you have to make $100 million in movie sales to get into the "Princess Club" beyond the rules of the characters being born into or married into royalty or performed a courageous act of heroism as in more modern cases starting with Pocahontas and Mulan (technically the Algonquin Native American leaders weren't exactly royalty, they were more or less appointed and the only reason Pocahontas was included was more or less on the grounds of wisdom as part of her courageous act. Then again, the movie plot was written from John Smith's perspective, which was so far from the line of truth, that the line was a dot.)

I should mention that Sleeping Beauty was a box office failure in its initial run and only through re-release did it make back the money to get Aurora in.

Weird, how I talk of such beloved characters and the impact of the times.

In any case, I do like the sequels, especially the Lilo and Stitch saga. It was one of the first movies under Disney's banners to have 3 sequels and a 65 episode syndicated series.

Then came Toy Story and the fact it had numerous spun off bits of media like vignettes that aired on ABC Saturday morning, shorts, TV specials, streaming exclusives and the 3 sequels, now up to 4 being directed by one of the remaining think tank's members, Andrew Stanton. (Joe Ranft passed away in 2006 and John Lasseter resigned in 2018 in the wake of MeToo, handing the CCO position to Pete Docter, who was involved in animation and created the way how the "Bucket O Army Men" walked was his idea.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Page 2 of 2