Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 5:50 PM Last edited by peepeevs : 9th Jun 2024 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Additional info

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Unable to install Sims3pack files
Hey, so I am posting here after not having done so for about 10 years. I have been feeling an itch to get into the Sims 3 again, but getting it all to work properly again is still a bit of a road to go.

As you may be able to understand, I would like to get all the content that I had in the game last time I played. At this moment I am struggling with installing Sims3pack files. I am aware you needed to install them with the launcher. However, eventhough the game runs fine for me, the launcher does not. It is apparently missing some files to run properly. Windows notices this when I try to run the launcher; it then tries to find the files that are missing, but fails to do so. I tried running it without these files, but that just doesn't start anything.

Is there any way I can install the files on a pretty modern pc in the year 2024? Much obliged for the help!

P.S.
I already tried running Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter, but it has the same issue unfortunatly.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peepeevs
Hey, so I am posting here after not having done so for about 10 years. I have been feeling an itch to get into the Sims 3 again, but getting it all to work properly again is still a bit of a road to go.

As you may be able to understand, I would like to get all the content that I had in the game last time I played. At this moment I am struggling with installing Sims3pack files. I am aware you needed to install them with the launcher. However, eventhough the game runs fine for me, the launcher does not. It is apparently missing some files to run properly. Windows notices this when I try to run the launcher; it then tries to find the files that are missing, but fails to do so. I tried running it without these files, but that just doesn't start anything.

Is there any way I can install the files on a pretty modern pc in the year 2024? Much obliged for the help!

P.S.
I already tried running Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter, but it has the same issue unfortunatly.

Not understanding what your issue is with Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter? It converts Sims3Pack to Package, which then go in the Packages folder (If you have the Mods Folder set up).

As for installing Sims3Packs, have you tried placing it on desktop and doule clicking on the Sims3Pack? The launcher should open. Unfortunately, if you have a lot of packs, this only does one at a time.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 7:06 PM
It gets the same screen as the launcher. It needs some type of files to run that Windows is unable to then find. And yeah, I did try to just launch it directly, but the Sims3pack files just show up with a blank thumbnail for me. They aren't inclined to open with anything.
Screenshots
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 9:23 PM
It gets the same screen as the launcher. It needs some type of files to run that Windows is unable to then find. And yeah, I did try to just launch it directly, but the Sims3pack files just show up with a blank thumbnail for me. They aren't inclined to open with anything.

I don't read that language, but I'm guessing you just need to download Net 3.5?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 9:47 PM
Well.. I tried, but even when I download Net 3.5, and try to run it.. Guess what Message I'm getting? The same frigging message again. I'm lost here
Inventor
#6 Old 7th Jun 2024 at 11:08 PM
Well.. I tried, but even when I download Net 3.5, and try to run it.. Guess what Message I'm getting? The same frigging message again. I'm lost here

Is this Windows 11? If yes, perhaps change title to show win11. I have seen many issues for that. Also, there are a few threads here at MTS for win11.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 5:59 AM
Just change the title? There isn't anything in the title that shows any other version of windows, so would I just add " win11" to the title?

I'll try and find those threads, but I don't suppose you could give me a link too one that is relevant?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Jun 2024 at 12:22 PM

Hey, you might need to enable dotnetfx 3.5 in Win 11:
https://www.howtogeek.com/880208/ho...-in-windows-11/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hey, you might need to enable dotnetfx 3.5 in Win 11:
https://www.howtogeek.com/880208/ho...-in-windows-11/

So I tried this, but it at first gave the same issues. But after just trying a few times to run the installation of the components for a few times through multiple different wizards, it just kinda randomly decided to work at some point and actually installed the components. And now the launcher works too, so I can actually run the installation of the packfiles.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Jun 2024 at 12:31 PM
Great! Well done for getting it working.